PDA

View Full Version : just recently started to panic

sjeeves
22-02-06, 12:03
about a year ago i was diagnosed with glandular fever (anything to do with my panic i dont know), but i got so painfully tiered and i was working 60-80 hours a week in a sportsbar. My first attack was won day when i woke up to get ready for work as usual and my body was so tiered i felt like my arms and legs were going to fall off, i freaked out and never managed to go back to that job (i actually was living in Australia and within days flew back home to new zealand to be with my family) things were ok after a week and i was off on my next adventure starting university 9hours away from any family and friends.

this keeps happening were i randomly start having to control my breathing on a bus or even after phone conversations with friends.

i went and saw a doctor and she put me on some medication (20mg of fluoxetine)
the first two weeks of this was so terrorifying, my breathing and thought patterns were so off and negative i just felt and still feel like i can't stop them.

last night i woke up out of my sleep in the middle of the night and just started panic about going back to uni (as im on holidays at present)
my legs tingled and i was telliong myself not to worry it'll be ok listing things to do to make my move much less stressful, what to pack etc

and that gets me to here.... my family has never had any problems like this and i'm starting to think im going insane so i googled panic attacks and ended up here and with a little more light on what my problem is.

thanks for taking the time to read this any similar stories or techniques would be greatly appreciated

Alexandra
22-02-06, 12:13
Hi, SJeeves

Your not alone in your feelings & you have come to the right place for help & support.

Ive gone through the same thing re tingling sensations & reluctance to answer the phone etc.

Stay positive

Take Care

Alexandra

Piglet
22-02-06, 12:54
A big welcome to the site :D

Have a good look round the site and also a good book for helping with the breathing is Hyperventilation Syndrome by Dinah Bradley off Amazon.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trac67
22-02-06, 13:53
HI,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 21:31
Hi SJeeves

A warm welcome aboard and I hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

clickaway
22-02-06, 22:51
Hi there and welcome,

The symptoms can seem so worrying, but as you keep reading people's stories here, you'll realise you're not alone at all.

Cheers,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers