PDA

View Full Version : Jaw ache on citalopram

Gazz
01-08-10, 15:51
Hi iv'e been on citalropam 20mg for 3 mths now and was wondering does anyone suffer with constant lower jaw ache as a side affect of these meds. I seem to have done ok on these meds so far but this jaw ache is driving me nuts(and no it isn't through to much talking) could anyone please advise much appreciated thanks Gazz.:mad:

Jumpy
01-08-10, 16:22
Hi

Are you clenching your teeth at night while you are asleep and maybe durring the day too.

I know I do it and now wear a gum shield at night to help my jaw relax and that really does help. Your dentist can make you one.

Gazz
01-08-10, 17:19
Hi jumpy is this jaw clenching a problem you suffer with..... or could it be citalopram that's causing it mine is definitely caused by this med because i didn't suffer with it before.

Dahlia
01-08-10, 18:11
Several SSRIs I've taken have made me grind my teeth at night - leading to jaw ache. I don't normally suffer from it, it was def the meds. It did get better over time, however - it was worse in the first few months of taking them.

Dahlia

Gazz
01-08-10, 18:43
Thank you Dahlia for your imput im not to sure if i grind my teeth at night that's why i wondered if it was cit that was causing the problem.

anthrokid
02-08-10, 03:40
I remember the first time I was on fluoxetine my jaw was stiff and sore a lot and my doctor said that clenching your teeth or tensing the jaw is a common side-effect from SSRI's that causes pain and stiffness. Nothing to worry about :) Just really uncomfortable!

Jumpy
02-08-10, 07:28
Hi

No stress makes me clench my jaw. But I think that the first few months of taking Cit I do it even more as the Cit makes me more anxious while it gets into my system.

Its really hard to tell if you clench your jaw in your sleep, but jaw ache is a very good possibility that you are.