PDA

View Full Version : Muscles are twitching! HELP!

ihatediets
01-08-10, 21:38
:scared15:

Hi! I have been suffering from Health Anxiety for a long time and I am trying to take myself not to serious but that is easier said than done! I am taking Fluoxetine, 20 mg a day, and I soon will be changed because it does not do very much for my anxiety. The last 3 days I have been having muscle twitches in my legs, arms, hands etc. I keep telling myself that it is just anxiety or side effects from the fluoxetine but I am still worried. Any advice? Please???? Pretty please???

Love

Tami

anthrokid
02-08-10, 03:50
How long have you been on the fluoxetine?

Muscle twitches are one of the most common symptoms of anxiety itself actually :) Because when we worry we unconsciously tense our muscles, causing them to tire, ache and twitch. It's most likely to be anxiety, especially if you are worrying about the twitches because you will be more tense and then there will be more twitches! It sucks doesn't it!? Try having a warm bath to relax your muscles a bit. Just remember, it's nothing dangerous, just silly anxiety playing tricks!

I would say it's far more likely to be the anxiety than a symptom of the meds :) Check with your doctor if you're still worried, but everyone i know with anxiety gets these fun twitches and spasms. Even my boyfriend, who is the fittest, healthiest, least anxious person i know, suffers from a lot of twitches and spasms because he's an athlete so he uses his muscles lots :)