PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety for over a year, 18 years old.

lucyy_21
02-08-10, 00:23
Hiya! Don't have a clue how this works, found it when searching for something anxiety related on google and was amazed when reading a post/thread (i don't really understand what they are) at how supportive everyone is to eachother, and how many tips and reccomendations there were. I really think this seems to be a usefull site, and would also like to find people my age-ish to talk with (:

I have suffered from anxiety, panic, agrophobia since last june 09 ish when i was 17, don't know what started it. Agrophobia is the worst of it, and i don't tend to go out unless i really have to. I go out with friends on weekends or whatever, but i always drink alcohol beforehand which helps majorly, but also makes my anxiety ten times worse the next day. I'm struggling more now it's summer, because everyone is out on holidays, abroad, bbq's, partys, just going to the park or whatever whereas 9 times out of 10 i am sitting at home. Also been starting to think about uni a lot recently as i know lots of people going in september. Athough i have never really thought about it before and have never actually had a dream to go to uni and i also don't even know what i would want to study, it's just hitting me harder now knowing that right now, i couldn't even have the option to go if i wanted. Or to go on holiday with friends, festivals etc. Sorry i didn't really know what to write on here, may have rambled on abit, but i look forward to using this website regularly and meeting people who are in the same boat!
Lucy x

diane07
02-08-10, 00:25
Hi lucyy_21

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
02-08-10, 11:41
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

lucyy_21
02-08-10, 13:23
Thankyou! :)