PDA

View Full Version : Personal Appearance

shinderuko
02-08-10, 09:19
Has anyone else given up caring about what they look like since their anxiety started?
I can never seem to feel 'nice' no matter how hard I try. So in the end I end up with my hair pulled back and trackies on in tears through frustration.
How do you make yourself feel good enough to look good?
:shrug:

Vixxy
02-08-10, 09:37
I feel much the same. Whats the point in trying if I always end up looking like a dogs dinner anyway.
The only way Ive found to get past that feeling is to just try and look clean and fresh. You may not win any awards for looking sexy, but its still enough to make me not feel like crap.

shinderuko
02-08-10, 09:46
I always try my best to look decent even if I don't feel it.
But it's just so annoying, when you feel good you want to look good and when you don't feel good the less said the better :winks:

Kerry B
02-08-10, 10:36
I know what you mean I always used to take pride in my appearance where the full make up and do my hair evey day, but now I have no Interest or enthusiasm. Wished I did but just cannot be bothered anymore.

MidnightCalm
02-08-10, 12:15
Yeah I'm the same, I wish I had the motivation I had last year when it comes to my appearance, I was modelling and now I don't even do my hair and can't be bothered shaving :///

Thumbelina
02-08-10, 14:25
Why dont you try to get the clothes you want to put on tomorrow out of the wardrobe the night before. This will make you to think about your appearance for longer periods, and sometimes you will even change your mind what you will wear in the morning, which will be a progress, because you will spend more time thinking about the way you look and less time thinking about the panic, anxiety, depression and the rest.

Springsteen10
11-08-10, 01:33
Generally I force myself to shave, wear nice suits at work, aftershave and try to look cool in general.

I know things are bad when I don't really bother. Didn't shave for six days last week.

daybyday
11-08-10, 02:14
I finally went and got a haircut. That helped. I wear something clean and neat. And something a bit nicer when I run an errand. Which isn't too often, as the anxiety kicks in while out certain places.

winterjas
11-08-10, 21:13
I feel like this too. I am finding that I am spending so much money on hair/clothes/face cream/ make up, but I still dont look right. I feel old and fat as well. Maybe when we feel crap inside it radiates outward.

shinderuko
11-08-10, 21:27
The only time I really make an effort is when I'm seeing my boyfriend, which is only once a week, and that's usually after much persuasion from him that I am attractive and should try to look nice.

winterjas
11-08-10, 21:38
thats good though. Its good that you are still trying, and that he makes you feel attractive. Maybe you could get him to write down how much he loves you and how attractive you are / what he likes about your appearance, then when your having a bad day you can read it :yesyes:

shinderuko
11-08-10, 21:40
That's such a good idea. Thank you. I think that would really help me alot.
See there are decent people winterjas, you are one of them.