PDA

View Full Version : cannot cope

sharon35
02-08-10, 10:57
ive been on my tablets fluoxetine for five days and just feel so much worse.
ive been into work this morning and left with in an hour feeling really rubbish.
cannot stop crying and feel so down at the moment.
ive got nothing to be depressed about its the panic attacks which and making me low.
I hope i feel better soon, i know it takes about 2 weeks for med to start to work.
im waiting for my doctor to call and give me some advise, i really think i should be signed of work until meds kick in.

Please if anyones got some advise.

im going out of my head with worry about how to stop this happening.

Maj
02-08-10, 11:21
Sharon I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I took fluoxetine for a few days and stopped them because I could not have continued at work. So yes, I think you should ask your doctor for some time off work until they get into your system. It's extremely hard-going to try and carry on as normal at work if your meds give you awful side effects. A long time ago I took a different med and was able to carryon at work with no problem at all as they had virtually no side effects. It's amazing how every med is different. Ask for some time off as even not being at work will be less stressful for you so that you do not have to struggle to put a face on. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Myra x:hugs:

JaneC
02-08-10, 11:22
Hi Sharon, sorry it's not going well at the mo. Definitely ask for a sick line if you feel you need it, there shouldn't be a prob with that. I took two weeks off while I got used to an AD that had very sedating effects on me. Hope you feel better :hugs:

sharon35
02-08-10, 11:24
Thank you for your advise i think i do need some time off.
still waiting for the doctor to call.
bigs hugs to you both. xx

sharon35
02-08-10, 12:00
still waiting for the doc, feel sick now. bloody hate this. :(

MidnightCalm
02-08-10, 12:10
Try and calm yourself down and give yourself a break, has your dr called yet?

JaneC
02-08-10, 12:13
Hang on in there Sharon, I'm sure Monday morning is the busiest time of the week for docs xx

sharon35
02-08-10, 12:19
Still waiting for doc to call just going to try and chill and wait. xx