PDA

View Full Version : My New Rescued Dog

Rain
02-08-10, 11:45
We have got a new dog from the Dog Rescue Sanctuary to join our family. We brought him home late last night.
We have called him Jacob. He is the sweetest little thing. He is about a year old, is very thin and has obviously been mistreated because he is terrified of everything, especially people. The slightest noise makes him jump through the roof and he shook all over when we took him out of the car. When anyone comes towards him he presses himself against the wall, bless him.
He loves our other dog Julian, although Julian can be a bit grumpy when Jacob wants to play and he is fine with Neil the cat.
It is going to be a big challenge but we want to restore Jacob's faith in people and make him a happy dog.
As I write this he is sitting in his bed like a little angel, watching me; because he is very curious about everything even though he is a bit scared to investigate.
Here is a picture of him:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4852323417_d7d01de1c4_m.jpg

JaneC
02-08-10, 11:50
Hi Rain, congratulations on the new addition to your family! I have a rescue cat who even now can be quite jumpy but he has progressed so much in the time we have had him. Love, time and patience are great healers, as I'm sure you know.

Vanilla Sky
02-08-10, 11:56
Jacob has found the right home then Rain, :)
Paige xx

Veronica H
02-08-10, 12:08
:) He is adorable and has now found a loving home. Best wishes to you all.:flowers:

Veronicax

london
02-08-10, 12:39
he looks nice

yorkylover
02-08-10, 12:40
He is beautiful,and Im sure he will settle and love life to the full with you.

All the best.xxxxxxxxxxx:yesyes:

margaret jones
02-08-10, 13:16
Rain bless you and your family for rescuing Jacob I am sure he will regain his trust in people with ypur kindness and love .

Maggiexxxxxxxxxxx

sb001f8994
03-08-10, 18:32
Hi Rain,
Welcome Jacob! He looks huge! We got a rescue dog, a shiztue called Jake when he was 8 months old and he's been with us seven years now. He's like a stroppy teenager and a grumpy old man all in one but I wouldnt be without him! He's great with our three young grandchildren and keeps us company.
I think taking in a rescue dog is hard work but very rewarding, hope Jacob has a great time getting to know you xx

Worrier
03-08-10, 18:43
Hi Rain,

Aww he is so adorable. I just don't understand how anyone can mistreat animals, but I know you and I know you can restore his faith in humans.

Natalie x

gypsywomen
03-08-10, 19:29
looks a bit scared,,but i am sure with your love it will a great dog ,lovely markings ,,wish there were more people like you xx

YvonneBelle
03-08-10, 20:06
Awww, bless Jacob!! He's such a lucky dog to have found a lovely new family to get to know. One day when I get a house I'd love to rescue an animal or two. They need so much love but will repay it ten-fold I'm sure.

Hope you enjoy lots of happy times with Jacob. xx

Lynnann
19-08-10, 20:31
Hi Rain,

Congratulations on the new addition to your family:) he is very lucky to have found you. I would say though to find some extra training for him as there are exercises and training that you can do with him to help restore his trust and give him more confidence. Well done you for taking him on, so many are afraid to provide a home for a dog that has been previously mistreated. He will be a loving and devoted companion to you for years to for you.

Lynnann:flowers: