PDA

View Full Version : Swopping over from one med to another!

Micko
02-08-10, 17:18
I'm on Mirtazapine at the mo been on it for 9 months or so but not doing owt for me so I would like to go back on a different ant-dep/anxiety med maybe go back on Cipralex just wondering if anyone's GP/Shrink has just swopped them straight over rather than weaning them off the original one kinda "drying out" for a few days before starting the new med! I'm sure this swop over can be done just wondering if anyone has experienced it? also it's well over a year since I was last on cipralex and it was stopping it suddenly after years that brought on my anxiety and suicide attempt in the first place would it be safe and proper to give it another go also my GP said it's not a good thing to be on 2 anti-dep's/anx meds???? thank's anyone?

Kerry B
03-08-10, 00:58
Hiya yes I swopped straight over to Seroxate from Cipralex GP said it was ok as both are SSRI that was about 4 weeks ago now

Micko
03-08-10, 13:05
Just been to see shrink (lovely lady) was terrified had to get a taxi could'nt do bus! anyway she is weaning me off Mirtazapine week 1 from 45mg to 30mg then week 2 15mg then start taking cipralex 5mg then weeks 3-4 up to 10mg then prob up to max 20mg glad but scared stiff of side effects gotta go and get em' now dreading that! no choice

Kerry B
03-08-10, 23:08
Yea I was on Cipralex and was on 20mg they where the max dose I was told also.
I only side effect I had was Nausea. You will be fine I know its worring for you. have they given you any Diazapam to take during the change over? I found it helped me.

Micko
04-08-10, 15:02
No still on clonazepam but having to wean off cutting 0.5mg tabs in half like before hope the cipralex helps my depression and awful anxiety

Micko
07-08-10, 15:37
Why did you swop from Cipralex to another Kerry did the Cipralex not help you?

Kerry B
07-08-10, 23:03
No Cipralex didnt help me at all. I was on Seroxate for 12 years and they seemed to stop working, so I was refered to a Psychiatrist who swoped me over to Cipralex this was last October and they didnt work for at all, so in July I ended up going back to Seroxate, which have started to me make me feel better. But everyone is different, the Cipralex may work for you, I was on 20mg, which I was told was the maxium dose. Let me know how you get on.

Micko
08-08-10, 13:32
ok dreading it! x