PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms - advice please

SmithS52
02-08-10, 18:24
I hope that someone can help me. For the past 3 weeks I have struggled to breath, it feels like I am choking, I shake, turn cold and can't stop going to the loo. I have been to A+E twice, had an ECG, all kind of xrays and tests including blood. The results for all normal. My doctor thinks I am having panic attacks and has given me tablets to reduce my heart rate. Beta blockers which I should take 3 times a day.

I returned to work today and spent most of the day unable to breath. I have broken down sobbing twice. I am not stressed out, or depressed, I think I have a lot to feel happy about so can't understand this at all. I feel like I am going mad. These 'episodes' are so intense that I can't believe they are caused by anxiety or adrenalin. Is this what anxiety/panic attacks are like?? Can someone tell me what their symptoms are like??

Many thanks for any help you can give.

MidnightCalm
02-08-10, 18:57
It's hard to believe it's just anxiety but i've had it so bad that I didn't believe Icould breathe, my chest even started to burn and I thought i was literally going to explode.x

alwaysanxious
02-08-10, 19:08
hi smiths trust me this is anxiety /panic hard to think that it is but it is i had this really bad till my meds kicked in,, i didnt believe the doctors or any 1 but my friend it is . try not to panic when it happens as this makes it worse i know its hard not to panic but we make it worse when we do. the best thing to do is breath deeply to get the gases in the chest to normal again it will vprobably make u dizzy when u do this so DONT PANIC ABOUT THAT EITHER,, once u get it out ur head that its just automatic anxiety and wont hurt u u will become less frightened and that will ease it straight away.... i got like it today myself i got flippin angry with my family and it kicked it off so thought f*"* u lot and am now laying on my bed to chill out!!!!!!!!!!

take care lisa

jessicalittler79
02-08-10, 19:25
hey smith i have the same has u had all kinds of test it always comes back to anx i cant belive this is what it is ,,,,but hun yea it does sound like anx to me and u can pull threw it will pass .....tc