PDA

View Full Version : New to this site, hoping to overcome horrible anxiety. Introducing myself.

lucasway89
02-08-10, 19:53
Hi,

My name is Lucas, from the UK.

I've had really bad anxiety/panic attacks since May, always been a negative/pessimistic person, it's finally gotten the better of me I guess.
I (like many) have been taking the doctor route, gotten beta blockers (not that useful), done some more reading & decided that clearly the way to fix this is through fixing myself, the way I think, my outlook.

So here I am.

Where should I start? I've read the 'first steps' pages, just reading them is reassuring.
Now i want to get on with doing the things talked about in those pages, changing my way of thinking, CBT etc... where/how do I start?

Thanks to all that reply in advance, I'll be here a lot so nice to meet ya'll.

nomorepanic
02-08-10, 19:55
Hi lucasway89

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
02-08-10, 21:14
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Baggs
02-08-10, 22:19
I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Rachel_123
02-08-10, 22:53
welcome to NMP! I hope this site helps and supports you because it has done for me!!

if you need to talk about anxiety and ways of beating it( yes it can be beaten!!) then maybe you could PM me :)