PDA

View Full Version : fear of meds

melvin
02-08-10, 20:25
hi guys can anyone tell me if they have a fear of taking meds and how do you get over it my doc says i have to have blood pressure tabs but i panic when i have to take any meds im not used to i have been given ramipril 2.5 mg

mcclan
02-08-10, 20:49
i dont take meds ever cos iv no trust in them just go wiv what ya think is better for ya

jothenurse
03-08-10, 00:51
I have an extreme med phobia. I have a panic disorder. I do take a small dose of ativan, which I don't like, but it does seem to help some. I have such a med phobia that I am afraid to take vitamins, which I need because I have some vitamin deficiencies from all the weight I had lost. I tried some of the SSRI's and only took them for a day or two because they made me worse and I was terrified to take them. I wouldn't be so afraid to take the med for the blood pressure - that isn't going to do anything with your thinking or anxiety.

cornishmaid
03-08-10, 12:27
i have a fear of meds also ,i only posted couple days ago about it ,, i have took ramipril 2.5 mg for about 10 years now ,(apart from when i was pregnant with my 3 boys) ,have been fine with them i panic over taking anti histamines ! but at this minute i have a water infection so am taking erythomycin( dont think tht spelt right) took paracetamol this morning ,and my ramipril ,then i have took a ibuprofen as the doc told me to,i said i thought u wasnt meant to take them with blood pressure he was they fine for a few days ! am sat here in mid panic mode at the min

den68
04-08-10, 18:20
i have been where you are. I once took a pill was so scared after that i made myself vomit within seconds to ensure it wasnt in my system. Im sorry but i found the only way to cure myself was to take the pill. It was hard for me and we had tears tantrums and god knows what else but i took it just before i went to bed with my husband there so i new i wasnt alone and after a few days of taking them i knew i was going to be ok and dont think about it as i pop it every morning. I still go through the same rigmarole every time i get a new pill but get there in the end. You can do it just give it a try
good luck denise

shinderuko
04-08-10, 18:38
I don't have this problem although I would rather find a natural remedy before resorting to tablets.

But if you think about it this way maybe it'll help:
You don't want to take your tablets
But they're for your blood pressure
So what will happen if you don't take them?
Surely you'd rather take the tablets?

Good luck
:bighug1: