hello

last week i was worried about yellow mark on my body
now i got a yellow mark on the other side
when i look at it with a light it go's

i don't know what to do:weep:

any help welcome

jen2503
03-08-10, 17:09
Could be the beginning or end of a bruise?

or hormones can cause changes in the skin colour and pigments. go to your gp if you are concerned but i wouldnt worry too much. i think there would be alot more symptoms for something like liver cancer. i would research it for you but im having an anxious day and dont think its wise lol

im guessing its nothing to be concerned about though, i get bruises, yellow ones and have no idea where they came from. you may have bumped yourself.

wotcanisay
03-08-10, 18:10
My brother think cause am fat
I just worried about my liver more then the most as 3 years ago I had blood test came back with low iron in my liver

xfilme
03-08-10, 20:36
I have seen liver cancer first hand. If this was what you had, the yellowness would colour your entire body. Im not talking a yellow hue, im talking full on YELLOW. Jaundice would also show as deep yellow in the whites of your eyes. Liver cancer also causes your entire body to feel as if you have bugs crawling under your skin and you would have unrine that was frighteningly dark brown like coffee. Its reeeally not pleasant and you would KNOW if this was the case, which it isnt. Give it a week, the normal lifespan of a bruise. If you are still worried then, you can always prove to yourself its not liver cancer by getting a liver function blood test. You can ask your doc for this and he has to give it to you.You do not have liver cancer, trust me. If they are just random marks, im more inclined to think you may have forgotten about doing sometime recently that has bruised both sides of your body. I get plenty of yellow marks, but thats because im a tomboy, i bruise myself without even noticing it and end up with yellow bruises. Low iron is a separate issue. Ive had remarkably low iron levels. The put me on iron tabs. All that iron deficiency does is make you irritable, tired, gives you bloodshot eyes, pins and needles in your limbs and makes you prone to mouth problems like ulcers. Iron deficiency is NOT related to yellowing of the skin x

wotcanisay
03-08-10, 21:40
Thank u
Jen and xfilme the yellow marking is lighter then a bruise

sorry u not had a good day Jen :hugs:
I hope tomorrow brings something better for you