PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

Jackie Shelton
22-02-06, 14:37
Hi, I too have joined today thanks to the article in the Daily Mail. I'm a driving instructor and had my own business but have been unable to work since June 05. Every time I got into the car to give a lesson I would have a panic attack. I'm now on anti-depressants and see a psyciatrist every 6 weeks. I'm feeling quite lost and unable to see light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. I really don't understand what has happened - hopefully this site will clarify things for me.

Piglet
22-02-06, 15:33
A big welcome to the site :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

karenturner
22-02-06, 15:57
Hi Jackie, I to have just joined this site having been struggling for the last 6 months with no one taking me seriously. I only changed doctors last week and was immediatly placed on anti -depressants and signed off work.
Today I went outside for the first time in a week and although I had to have someone with me and my legs felt like jelly, I managed it.
Let me know how you are getting on

KarenT

kturner

Alexandra
22-02-06, 15:59
HI Jackie

Great minds think a like you called your introduction ' Another New Member like i did.

Anyway i joined today as well. Im sure you will find like me that there is plenty of advice & chat around.

Take Good Care

Alex

Alexandra

trac67
22-02-06, 16:12
Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the forum, you will gt a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take a look at this link, it is all about how Nic has overcome her driving phobia and see if it helps ;

CBT therapy for driving problems - my diary (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7162)

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

clickaway
22-02-06, 17:08
Hi Jackie and welcome to the site.

Are you able to get into a car as an ordinary motorist, or is it more connected with the job, or having relative strangers by your side in the car.

Most phobias can be cured by CBT which is avaiable on the NHS as well as privately. But we can give some help and advice on here too.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

dream
22-02-06, 17:28
hi jackie
welcome to this site
take care denisexx

denise

sueiamnew
22-02-06, 17:29
Hi Jackie and welcome to the site.

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 19:58
Jackie

Welcome aboard and hope we can be of help.

What makes you panic in the car specifically?

Nicola

Karen
22-02-06, 20:07
Hi Jackie

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) information for a place to start.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

jackie
22-02-06, 20:17
hi jacke

hope you find what you are looking for. have found this site brilliant.

we will help you all we can
from another jackie