PDA

View Full Version : HORRIBLE headaches!!

Brownie
26-02-04, 13:05
Hi all,
For the past two days I have been having these terrible headaches! Right above my eyes they are dreadful. My eyes wind up hurting very bad and i have never had these kind of headaches before? Are these headaches a symptom of panic or from being over-stressed? Or is it something else? Anyone ever felt like this? ( I ramble sorry lol)
-Christie[:I]

kate
26-02-04, 15:16
Hiya Christie,

They sound very much like tension headaches to me.

I get exactly the same type and the eyes hurting is horrible.

I end up getting a flannel soaked in icy cold water and placing it over my eyes, which does bring relief.

Do you panic when you get the headaches because this does, of course, make the symptoms worse.

I also find that mine do not go until I go to sleep.

Hope that this advice has been of some use to you.

Kate x

sadie
26-02-04, 20:41
Hi Christie,

I have experienced the same type of headaches as you and they are what you say...caused by stress. They are tension headaches and I take Synodol when I get these type of headache and they always disappear.

Dont worry about them...just do some relaxation, get a good nights sleep and they should disappear. Just a thought though, do you wear glasses? maybe you should get your eyes tested to see if you are straining them!

Take care

sadie

Rennie1989
26-02-04, 21:37
i have simullar headaches, mine are all over the 4head and it only goes when i sleep or just close my eyes for a while. drinkin helps

jade

kate
01-03-04, 09:22
Going back to the horrible headaches,

I got the dull, thumping, feel sick type, yesterday afternoon.

Went to bed early, but kept waking up cos I was having nightmares half the night.

Still got headache this morning, stabbing pains over one side of my head, so think I will be going back to bed!!!!

Kate x

sadie
01-03-04, 19:32
Hi Kate,

I think your possibly suffering from a migraine type headache...and I get those too!!! Lots of rest, drink loads of water and take a pain killer to help with the pain.

Again these types of headaches are brought on by stress, weather chnages, hormone fluctuations, diet, eye strain, toothache etc..

Try and not worry too much about these headches they will pass...

Take care

sadie

kate
01-03-04, 20:36
Hiya Sadie,

I used to suffer a lot with migraines, starting from the age of 11 til about 16, when they stopped.

I used to get the numbness in the mouth and limbs and also the flashing lights.

I don't get those symptoms now, but the headache is just horrible.

I took the day off today and I am going to have tomorrow off as well.

Thanks for the advice, Sadie, I think they may be hormonal cos they always happen just before "that" time of the month.

Kate x

Laurie28
02-03-04, 11:58
Hiya,

I get a dull headache behind my eyes.
Christie have you been for an eye test to see if u need glasses?

I also believe migraines are hormonal (mine anyway) and I get the flashing numbness etc - truly horrible as u know when u get the flashing u are going to be in bed for 2 days!!!

lucky

kate
02-03-04, 12:27
Well, the headache has gone today, hurrah!!!

Still decided to take today off though!! Glad I did. The sun is shining and I'm getting loads of things done LOL

Kate x

Laurie28
02-03-04, 13:13
I'm glad it's gone Kate. There is nothing worse!!!

Take Care
Lucky