PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Il never get over an abusive realtionship?

katie23
03-08-10, 21:54
Okay I had an abusive realtionship for 3 years I left 1 year ago ago but the effects of it are only just hitting me now aka the big anxiety if its going to never get better etc! I know it will but I also have ocd on suicide after I read in my meds leaflet!So combine it all together you get what I mean

Thoughts of ex-feel too much cant cope-suicide ocd pops in head- panic attack-more anxitey and then it goes in a circle:whistles:

Before the ocd I was dealing with the realtionship with rational thinking but now it's all going :lac: Its going to kill you! I am on meds Lexapro they have been upped to 20mg a week ago so I think that maybe this is adding to it!But I was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation or equivalent and had the same thoughts as me It might be because I've had councilling tonight and all the way through I was having OCD thoughts like maybe this is too much and will make you top yourself because I was discussing with her what happened! I know I will get over it my OCD just makes the anxiety 20x worse and makes me feel helpless like Impending doom constantly Like I am actually going to die!

Has anyone else felt like this like they might not be able to cope!?

Big :hugs: for reading

verity
04-08-10, 11:20
Hi Katie, my last relationship became quite emotionally abusive. It got to the point where I was very afriad of his moods and felt like I was walking on eggshells all the time.
I have been single now for a yeah and a half but have found the after effects quite overwhelming.
Im very scared to trust and am very suspicious of mens motives. Im just waiting for them to start yelling at me or trying to control and confuse me.
As for feeling like you can't cope, I always feel afriad of relaspe with the anxiety. I do fear not being able to cope and everything falling apart, its normal to feel like this when you have anxeity.
Stay with the therapy as it will help you work through the feelings and with the OCD thoughts try to distract yourself with anything.
You often find you cope better than you thought you would.

Take care hun

xxxxx