PDA

View Full Version : is it good for me here im not sure

mcclan
03-08-10, 22:57
well is it good for me here i seemed to banging my head off all the walls here

nomorepanic
03-08-10, 23:05
I guess it depends what you want from it?

If you feel people help and support you then it is good for you.

I don't really know what your issues are so cannot help much more - can you open up a bit and tell us?

mcclan
04-08-10, 00:23
cant seem to to come to terms wiv nearly being killed by someone and there still out there. thats why i cant seem to go out anywhere ever again

nomorepanic
04-08-10, 00:27
Ok so what happened with this incident? Are you getting any professional support and therapy from anyone?

You have to choose what to do about this in time - let them win and you never go out again or you go out and show them that they didn't win.

Of course I cannot comment more as I do not know if this person lives in the area or knows where you live etc.

Can you please open up more to us?

mcclan
06-08-10, 22:53
im still seeing doctors but the others ie police who was dealing wiv it at the time just said to me its tough pal and hung up on me. that was there answer

nomorepanic
06-08-10, 23:03
Most helpful of them - not!

Sorry to hear you went through this.

Lynnann
06-08-10, 23:22
I am sorry that you went through this and that the police have been less than helpful with your case; it must leave an open wound without resolution. Was your attacker known to you? Or is that the problem that they were never identified?

As for it being good for you here, this website is a fantastic community providing support and friendship to many in difficult situations I personally am so very grateful to nicola for providing this website as it has helped me enormously in my recovery. If you feel that would be beneficial to you then the answer is yes it would be good for you. It just may rebuild some trust in people as you will see that the members here are fantastic caring individuals that try to help even when they themselves are having a hard time with their own issues. It has helped to restore some of my faith in people again and I hope it can do that for you as well

Lynnann

mcclan
06-08-10, 23:47
i do appreciate your comments and yes they are good ppl on here but its just a screen i see at the moment and not out there in genral but thanks anyway

nomorepanic
06-08-10, 23:56
Well if the screen helps then stick around. If you feel we don't help then you must still seek help somewhere else to get over this.

diane07
07-08-10, 09:51
Mcclan,

I'm sorry you have gone through this and it must be awful to come to terms with.

Do try and seek more help on the forum, there will be others who have gone through something similar, give it a bit more time on here.
I have made some absolutely fab friends on here who i have met for real, there may be a meet up in your area where you could get more help and support.

That was a terrible remark from the police and a very heartless one at that, they should have offered you more help than that.

We're all here to support you and will help you all we can.

di x

mcclan
07-08-10, 13:57
thank you diane il see
what i can do regards dave x

bucketofsnakes
07-08-10, 18:37
Hello
Its hard to know where your up to, for example have you had a diagnosis?
I'm going through this to, if you would like to pm me your always welcome.
I may be able to help with some issues.
Your illness may be making you shut off from humans, please dont let it do that to you, I have been very alone with this illness, I've ended long term freindships and am left with a partner who is angry and bitter.
Please don't give up on people.
Jan

mcclan
07-08-10, 23:46
thanks for your input diane il see what a can do. it just seems neva ending tho

bucketofsnakes
08-08-10, 01:37
There are some helpful videos on youtube, just type in PTSD, there is a technique called rewind which is said to be very succesful. you'll find others there also.
I'd started to think that this was it for the rest of my life, but there are therapies out there, once you find out about them you have something you can push you mental health provider to provide it.
If you do go on youtube, there is one film there that you might prefer to avoid, its a university lecture which is very informative, it explains about the area of the brain that ptsd effects, this helped me a lot, everything suddenly made more sense, but it has some very disturbing imagery and it was a bit worrying to me that ptsd sufferers might find it too much.
I hope this helps
Jan

mcclan
09-08-10, 23:25
thanks diane but a meet wouldnt do me good as i cant trust anything nomore since this happened to me. i cant even trust our protectors as they let me down as well but thanks anyway

PoppyC
10-08-10, 20:41
I am not surprised you feel the way you do and that you don't trust. Are you getting any help/support? Not everyone is untrustworthy though and although there are a lot of awful people on this planet, there are also a lot of good people too.
I feel that this site has helped me so much - Thank You Nic! -. Sometimes when I felt no one in my life understood how I felt, then I would come onto this site and received so much support. It helped me giving support too, if I could.
Even when I dont log in, I often read the other posts, and they help.
There seems to be a lot of lovely, caring, people on this site and when I did not trust anyone in my life, I found this the one place where I felt at home.
Poppy

mcclan
10-08-10, 22:29
as the day approaches with doctors on friday to say the same things iv said for so long now. its like reliving this nightmare everytime i go and still no better off. im at the end of my time here now so wish to thank everyone who tryed to help me through this but dont seem to change anything. its nobodys fault but my own thabks anyway and hope you all do better than what i did. so take care all and good luck on your road to recovery regards dave

Lynnann
12-08-10, 15:33
Hi Dave,

Hope your doctors appointment goes better than you expect,

Take care

Lynnann:flowers:

mcclan
12-08-10, 15:46
thanks for supporte il see what happens tommorow :flowers: