PDA

View Full Version : How long until you see side effects after stopping?

uk23
04-08-10, 03:59
If you take this drug for 2 weeks at the lowest dose, are you less likely to see side effects when coming off compared to someone who has been taking the same dose but for 2 years?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid questions but I couldn't really find an answer to that!

Also my doctor said to just come off it as I was already on the lowest possible dose, am a little scared though.

anthrokid
04-08-10, 07:33
If you've only been on it for a short time and on the lowest dose you'll be fine to come straight off it :) You may have one or two side effects, but they're more likely to be from your anxiety about stopping rather than stopping the medication itself :) Are you changing meds or stopping meds?

ElizabethJane
04-08-10, 07:47
Hi there I have been taking mirtazapine on and off for about two years. I know that even on the smallest dose some people have experienced withdrawals when trying to come off it.I have also come off cold turkey and this is not recommended but as your doctor has told you to do this then I would do it. The most common withdrawal symptoms include increased anxiety and low mood. I also experienced sleep problems. I think that you should be aware that this might happen but it is unlikely for you as you have been on such a low dose below the therapeutic level. Some people are extremely sensitive to anti depressants. I wish you well and I hope that you find an anti depressant that suits you.