PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance please about pins and needles in left elbow?

beez82
04-08-10, 04:28
Hi there, just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of reassurance about some symptoms I'm having in my left elbow and littlest finger. I've got pins and needles and slight numbness just in those two spots. I don't remember banging my arm at all, but I must have because I have a tender spot on my forearm and a bit of a scraped skin.

I'm having trouble not getting into a full blown panic here as heart attack symptoms are my main issue. There's not any pain as such and it's not shooting up/down my arm but it's enough to be stressing me out.

If anyone could ease my mind and tell me I'm being ridiculous that would be wonderful thank you!

anthrokid
04-08-10, 05:01
When I knock my arm or elbow sometimes my fingers and elbow gets a bit numb and tingly. I seem to do it all the time without noticing, I'm a fair bit clumsy! It's probably that when you knocked it you hit a nerve so it's sending some numbness signals because it's confused :) Also because you are worried about it the sensation will last a lot longer than usual because your nervous system is focusing on any teeny tiny feeling in those areas, so it could even just be creating the feelings itself! We have very very very active nervous systems so often this is the case :) Try not to worry yourself too much about it, focus on something else. Like I said, it happens to be a fair bit, and it doesn't go away until you stop thinking about it.

beez82
04-08-10, 06:16
Thanks so much for your response, I'm feeling better already! I knew it was just something like that but sometimes I just need to hear it from other people.

I checked out your blog too, made me laugh also! I have exactly the same reactions in similar situations to you!

anthrokid
04-08-10, 07:31
I'm the same. Even when I know it's not something serious it's still always so much more reassuring to hear it from someone else :) Happy to help.

Oh thank you for checking out my blog :) Glad you enjoyed it!