PDA

View Full Version : My first citalopram

annie 1968
04-08-10, 08:28
Well here goes just about to take my first 10mg tablet. I'm feeling very anxious about taking this after all the side effects i have read about. I'm just hoping i don't suffer too much as i am due to go abroad next Wed and i could really do with not feeling like rubbish when i'm there. I will report back and let you know how i get on........

Annie

Vixxy
04-08-10, 09:09
Good luck with it!

calm
04-08-10, 09:38
hi annie....i have been on cit 20mg for nearly a month....havent had side affects at all....so fingers crossed you wont either. best wishes tracey xxxx

JT69
04-08-10, 10:22
Good luck Annie, let us know how you go.

Jo.xx

Vanilla Sky
04-08-10, 13:35
We read to much about side effects , thats one of the reasons i was scared to take it . Just carry on as you are the side effects will never be as bad as how anxiety makes you feel let me tell you . I am now up to 40 mg and feel great :)
Paige x

annie 1968
04-08-10, 13:47
Thankyou all for your kind messages:) Yes Paige you are so right in what you say! I have more anxiety taking the tablets than my actual anxiety if that makes sense. I have noticed i feel a little bit of nausea and lightheaded but thats it. Hope i'm gonna be as lucky as you calm:)
I have been suffering from anxiety since i had a panic attack nearly 4 weeks ago. I think caffeine triggered my panic attack (i don't normally drink coffee) and in turn has now triggered off my anxiety and insommnia. I just wish i could go back to my normal self and not have all these anxious feelings.

Annie x

annie 1968
05-08-10, 17:18
Well took my 2nd tablet this morning and boy do i feel awful! Feeling lightheaded,nausea very tired and my anxiety is worse than it was before!! Think i may have to stop taking these tablets as i can't put with feeling like this every day. Do you think its ok just to stop taking them after just taking two?

Annie x

AJS
05-08-10, 17:57
Annie
Try and stick with it - my first week was awful and i very nearly gave up - i went straight onto 20mg (which i am still on 7 1/2 months later) and am 80-90 percent better than i was. If you can get through the first week it will be worth it. I stayed in bed for the week - couldn't eat, sleep - could hardly lift my head off the pillow - but i'm glad i stayed with it.
Have a read at phsycopoets citalopram guide - it helped me (and many, many others) through - he spells out simple things like - side effects at the beginning - sore head - take paracetamol etc.

Good Luck - it can only get better - if you feel that strongly about giving in - call your gp first - as if the anxiety is that bad they may give you valium or something else to see you through till the side effects wear off.

AJ x

annie 1968
06-08-10, 18:46
Well took my 3rd tablet today and had hardly any side effects except my anxiety is still quite bad along with a slight nausea feeling and i'm also not sleeping at nights. Went back to the doctors who prescribed me some temazepam to take only at nights. I have read that they can be addictive so will only be taking them when really needed. I did read pyschpoets citalopram guide and i must admit i felt spurred not to give up. Thanks AJS for suggesting that:)

Annie x

WillyB
06-08-10, 23:08
The side effects of citalopram sound so scary and make you wonder whether you should take it. Just thought id let you know i havent experienced one of the side effects, even the pharmacist said take not notice of them

atki
06-08-10, 23:26
has anyone had any side effects coming off citalopram?