PDA

View Full Version : Oh Darn, here we go again

Dreamer029
04-08-10, 08:43
I started with my first panic attack 4 and a half years ago....(can't believe its been that long) It lasted almost a full week on and off. I got on Lexapro about 6 months later. I am happy to say that I have been doing very well on it. I get attacks periodically, but more often than not, I just have to deal with anxiousness here and there.....Until TONIGHT. I woke up and got myself into a huge panic...heart beating so fast it felt like it was going to jump out of my chest, I get the adrenaline feeling down my arms and legs, then they feel like jelly. My mind feels in a fog and I become sure I am going crazy. My biggest fear is becoming crazy and a failure at life, so I think it is what fuels a lot of my panic attacks.

I have recently made big life changes and I think that is why I am experiencing this. I have taken a job out across the country, (I am EXCITED despite the panic lol). I currently live on the east coast close to NYC and will move out to the west coast by Los Angeles, CA.

My question is, should I up my Lexapro because of all the anxiety surrounding this move? And, does anyone else experience this intense fear of going crazy during an attack?