PDA

View Full Version : off meds now but need a new one advice pleeze?? x

bexy1970
04-08-10, 11:16
hi everyone,
ive been off zispin for a few weeks now(coz of weight gain), but feel i still need something as my anx and health anx sky high again..im starting cbt on fri but im having to pay so dont know how many ill be able to afford!! neway my docs told me ive tried loads of different meds but stop them coz of side effects!! im ok with dothiepin but didnt feel it was that good, ive tried citrolopam but apparently stopped it due to side effects!! (i cant remember) really dont know wetha to try these again if hell let me or stick to something like dothiepin again, i just want something to work..:weep: ne advice please xxx:blush:

bexy1970
04-08-10, 17:47
lol..no one talks to me!!! xx

jothenurse
04-08-10, 17:52
I take a small amount of ativan. I know some people are against it because it is a benzodiazepine, but on low doses, my psychiatrist said you can always taper off later. I had panic disorder 30 years ago and took Serax (a benzodiazepine) for quite along time and tapered off of it and was fine. I had anxiety off and on through the last 30 years, but did well. Now I have the panic disorder back, but could not handle the SSRI's and antidepressants so the ativan helps some.

bexy1970
04-08-10, 19:54
aww thank you for replying, i take occasional diazapan for bad days but docs wont give me ne more relly dont know whetha to ask for cit and deal with the side effects x