PDA

View Full Version : share your thoughts, I forgot how too.

myself
04-08-10, 11:34
Hi all, been a while since I have been here, been a little lost so wanted to post this.
Around six years ago (I could tell you where, what time, what day of week, the date, the other vehicles, the weather etc etc as its still all fresh in my mind) I had a car accident, not my fault either but it left me with many probs, mainly mental and I was diagnosed with ptsd. I didn’t have a clue about ptsd (I never fought in any wars did I) and doubted both the diagnosis and myself. Oh come on, I am a strong person, and have dealt with many things over the years, this was “just a car accident” surely not ptsd. Anyway it also lead on to fibromyalgia, which has become disabling in itself.
I spent many, many hours on this site, made a few friends, one in particular very supportive (hi, you know who you are, and I hope you are OK !). I gained lots of advice, knowledge and help too here.
But the doubts kept setting in, cant have ptsd, gotta be me being feeble, false and negative, what a weakling!. I can’t associate my “cause” with all the many probs all you nice people have faced, my involuntary solution, “withdraw” ( dictionary definition – “to stop talking to other people and start thinking thoughts that are not related to what is happening around you” which seems fairly accurate).
Lots in the newspapers about false people having probs after car accidents, insurance and benefit scams and a BBC program about a year ago where such causes were discounted by a war journalist, any wonder I doubt myself. That TV program really threw me.
Anyway, I am a stubborn so and so, and have a wonderful family, while I still have major probs I am still alive.
To sumarise, yes I’ve got ptsd (loads and loads of those horrible symptoms we all experience), yes I’ve got Fibro. I gained solitude (on my own despite being surrounded by people, not nice is it!). Unfortunately I lost my sense of humour, my ability to offer advice to others my ability to ask for help, and I withdrew.
If you look at the sticky to the forum you will see car accidents mentioned, so why do I doubt myself, who knows.
The reason I am posting this is to say to you all, don’t doubt yourself, the problems are real, and don’t withdraw, share your problems here, or with professionals. I cant seem to share my thoughts and feelings anymore, it has taken years to post this, dont any of you lot go down that road please.
Take care and I wish you all well.
Myself

Lynnann
04-08-10, 19:56
Hi Myself,

I hope you and your family are doing well, welcome back:)

I hope now that you have finally accepted your diagnosis you can start to move forward on your road to recovery.

We are all here for you when you are ready

Lynnann:flowers: