PDA

View Full Version : any advise please

linworth
04-08-10, 13:21
HI

I have posted on here quite a few times ! i increased my meds after years on 50mg of sertraline to 100mg about a month ago, had a severe reaction, couldnt cope at all with the side effects it gave me, So reduced straight back down to 50mg on doctors instructions about a week half ago, gradually things are getting better, out doing things, coping more, mornings fingers crossed getting easeir, depression lifting, but i still have these odd feelings, which i dont really understand what they are, this may sound mad, and believe me it has crossed my mind many times, its like i am nervous of myself, dont feel like i am here, the world is seperate from me, i understand it could be derealization/ depersonalization, but why do i feel nervous of myself? like not at ease or comfortable and sometimes when i think of myself and my feelings i get the hot flush of fear? I know what happend with the increase really traumatised me, i had feelings and thoughts that just are not me at all, felt totally out of control of myself, has it stemmed from this? will it ease as time goes on? i used to have fear about doing anything, now i can do things without the fear, not paralaysed by it, but its just this underlying uneasiness with myself and my mind. Told you it would sound mad lol ! x

tinkytink
04-08-10, 13:26
hi hun i am feeling exactly the same at the moment and they have just started me on sertraline, i have just posted myslf on the way i am feeling, i feel scared but i don't know what of and the thought disorder and things that pop into my head along with the feeling that go with it i know are not me but its convincing myself x does sertraline make you feel sick?xx

linworth
04-08-10, 13:38
Hi

i have just read your post! i felt very sick when i upped from my normal 50mg to 100mg, also sorry, cant remember, how long have u been on 100mg? i tried for three weeks, but was horrendeous, but that was only me personally, very sensitive to meds, i know lots of people who are on a 100mg and feel fine. I was on 50mg for five years and worked a treat, it took a few months before i felt 100 % but once i did, i stayed that way for years. I just had a panic attack out of the blue in April, which just sent me on a spiral of anxiety, but feeling a bit better now, just the feelings of myself i cant bear ! i remember from 5 years ago thinking i had physcosis ( i had just had a baby) even went to A& E who informed me it was just heightened panic and would go, which it did. Tablets are not a miracle cure but take the edge off, have u had any counselling? because this can really help and help you understand your thoughts, i am just waiting for mine! take care lynne x

linworth
04-08-10, 13:39
hi, sorry just re-read your post, you are only on 50mg and its early days, stick with it, it takes a few weeks for it to settle down, you should be fine, i was on the 50mg, but like i said not straight away x