PDA

View Full Version : Going for Hypnosis today.

tnt808
22-02-06, 17:47
Hello,

Today is the day. I am going to get hypnotized to try and get over my debilitating fear of flying,boats, etc. I am trying to be confident, and have a positive outlook on it all, it's just hard. I am a born worrier and the thought of this not working is so scary.
It just gets tiring putting yourself out there and becoming vulnerable once again, only to find out it was in vain. How long does one continue to do that for? Is it a forever thing? I'm tired of the panics, tired of the depression, just tired in general.
Anyways, I hope this does some good. At least it will get me out of the house, right?

Tina

Karen
22-02-06, 19:03
Hi Tina

I hope the hypnosis goes well. I am a great believer in it myself and think it has helped me so much. I've been having hypnotherapy for a while for a number of difficulties and I also listen to hypnotherapy CDs regularly too.

Let us know how you get on.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

jackie
22-02-06, 20:44
anythings worth a go tina, as you say , thisall gets really btiring.

dont b too harsh on youself if it doesnt work though as it didnt for me so it is not for everyone

let us no how it goes may give you some relief

take care
jackie

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 21:40
I used to love Hypnotherapy.

How did it go?

Nicola

tnt808
23-02-06, 00:59
Just got back. Didn't do the hypnosis, just a lot of questions and answering. Which was fine. Doc said he wants to create the right hypnosis for me. Well, yeah! I want the right one too!
He seemed nice enough. Was a little shocked to find out how bad off I am. He suggested us doing CBT and systematic desensitization therapy as well. Guess I am a bonafide mess [:O]
My hypnosis will start next Tuesday. Looking forward to it, I guess.
I will let you all know the progress.

Thanks,
Tina

Karen
23-02-06, 01:20
Hi Tina

It is routine for the therapist to take background information on the first session, although the hypnotherapist I saw also did some hypnosis at the end of the session to help me relax and so that I left the appointment feeling calmer than when I arrived.

Offering you a number of techniques doesn't imply that you are 'a mess'. Any good therapist will tailor the treatment to suit you rather than offering a 'one fits all' type of therapy,

I hope you find this helpful. Let us know how you get on.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.