PDA

View Full Version : Increase Question

Dragonsblonde
04-08-10, 15:08
Hey guys, been a while since I had a panic filled "is this normal" post on here so thought it was time....

Have increased to 20mg of Citalopram for 5 days now, first day today on a new box (different brand). Previous to that I was just taking 2 of the 10mg ones I had been taking for 16 days before the increase.

This afternoon I feel very hot and tightish in the face particularly down the left side, to me it feels hotter than the left and have felt a bit odd all day. I have had to deal with a couple of things today that has raised my anxiety a bit to, so may be that

The increase had gone well so far, but now worried that the new box or the 20mg is starting to have a reaction against me.

Any kind thoughts, reassuration and advice very very welcome xxx

JT69
04-08-10, 16:54
Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much about the different brands as the meds are the same. I think its just the fact that you have experienced extra anxiety today that has caused the hot tightning in the face etc, then you have worried over it and it escalates if that makes sense.

Some people do worry that a different brand can cause a reaction but it really shouldn't do.

If it helps the meds I take (mirtazipine) each time I have picked up my prescription I have been given a different brand but have felt fine.

Hope that helps to calm and reassure you.

Take care and you are doing well.

Jo.xx

NorthernLight
04-08-10, 20:30
Today is my first day on 30 mg (from 20 mg) and as for side effects, my anxiety is increasing and I super tired. The depression is still as bad as it's been, but I haven't had much relief from it, hence the increase. I feel about as low as I felt when I initially started taking citalopram 6 weeks ago, so it looks like the side-effects are back. I am hoping they subside quicker this time than initially. Just got to ride it out.

steveo1980
04-08-10, 21:06
Today is my first day on 30 mg (from 20 mg) and as for side effects, my anxiety is increasing and I super tired. The depression is still as bad as it's been, but I haven't had much relief from it, hence the increase. I feel about as low as I felt when I initially started taking citalopram 6 weeks ago, so it looks like the side-effects are back. I am hoping they subside quicker this time than initially. Just got to ride it out.

Good luck. Hope the SE go quickly.