PDA

View Full Version : new memeber

lildutt
22-02-06, 20:24
hi im michelle but like to be called bell i got introduce to this site by a good friend of mine i dont know which place i should be in there lots of things i need help with and please to meet you all bell xx

trac67
22-02-06, 20:39
Hi Bell,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alexandra
22-02-06, 21:05
Hi Bell

Welcome to the site

I too joined earlier today. You will find lots of help & advice on here.

Take Care

Alexandra

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 21:19
Hi Bell

A warm welcome aboard and I hope we can be of some help to you.

Please ask any questions you want to.

Nicola

Karen
22-02-06, 21:47
Hi Bell

Welcome to the forum.

Take some time to have a read of the posts on the forum and you can share as little or as much with us as you feel comfortable with.

You might also like to start with the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) information.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

clickaway
22-02-06, 22:48
Hi Bell,

Glad you found us, and so welcome.

You'll soon get used to how this place works,

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Paddington
22-02-06, 23:41
hi there Bell,i am a new member also and in the same boat,dont know my way around just yet,but over the last few days have suused a bit more out,the main thing being how lovely everyone is,we are all in this together so kep in touch and when you are ready write more about yourself to who ever feels right.my new member words were as scant as yours so we can learn together.keep in touch.love n light Mary-Rose.x

Piglet
23-02-06, 09:17
Hi Bell,

A big welcome to the site to you. :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

lildutt
24-02-06, 08:52
i dont know where to start so im just gone say how my life has been and now i seem to be cutting myself im 25 and i got a lovely family a boyfriend whos good to me and a lil boy whos 3
when i was younger i got sexually assulted by my old bro if i can call him that and then raped by two lad at school
then my dad passed away and then my mom most recently
ive been on anti depression and now after one of the docs took me off them i been feeling really down and started cutting myself
my main problem is i never seem happy cant join in jokes and family life like i should
i bottle everything up and cant trust or turn to him and his famiy
i just want to be happy and try and forget about the above sexually assult and rape
this even causing me not to perform in sex
when i cut myself it feels good for the few minutes but after i done it and days after im really down and get headaches and sleep alot
when i had my lil boy i had pnd aswell
i just want to speak to people and see wht i can do about these problems
i hpe this is okies and thanks for the intro again bellxx

jackie
24-02-06, 09:11
bell i just no there are people here who have been through similar things and will help you get over them or at the very least to staRT REBUILDING YOUR LIFE AGAIN.

i have 5 kids so i know all about the pnd, but mines came out in the form of anorexia for 8 years, i am fully recovered from thaT THANK GOD, BUT I HAVE HAD 4 KIDS IN THE LAST 4 YEARS AND I KNOW ABOUT THE THINGS YOU WENT THROUGH AND ARE GOING THROUGH.

i am so pleased that you didnt decide to shut yourself awat from everyone, and have built yourself a good wee life and family of support. that shows that your so called brother isnt winning,even though you struggle to forget. you are obviously a strong person to get your life back on track. i just no that others on this site can help here as i no i am just waffling on.

to loose your parents is just the hardest thing for me to imagine, i have developed health anxiety i think out of a fear of loosing mine.

please talk to people you trust on this site as much as you can . just to no you are noot alone with all of this will be a great help especially as you understandably find it hard to open up to those around you

i hope you learn to just laugh without memories always getting in the way. i no there are many of us that would like to just laugh without fear or anxiety getting in the way. easier said than done i know

take care. sorry for going on
jackie

Karen
24-02-06, 12:57
Hi Bell

Sounds like you've been through some really tough times and are doing well to have come this far on your own. I have also had problems with self-harm and you might find this article (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=selfharm) contains some helpful information. I've found that distraction activities can help in the short term, when combined with some form of solution-focused therapy to help to resolve the underlying issues.

A form of therapy that can help with dealing with the traumatic memories of abuse and rape is the Rewind Technique (http://www.rewindtechnique.com/) which is also sometimes called the Fast Phobia/Trauma Cure (http://www.psychotherapy-center.com/nlp_phobia_trauma_ptsd_treatment.html).

This process can help wipe out the emotional traces of a traumatic memory, and the good thing is that it can work without talking or recalling details of what happened. You don't have to go into the details in order to be helped. I've had this technique from a hypnotherapist myself for help with a particular incident and found it very helpful.

Don't give up hope. There are ways to get through this.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

lildutt
25-02-06, 12:49
thanks karen for those website links i will try andread them when i got time :D

Meg
25-02-06, 14:40
Hiya Bell,

Sounds like you could do with some help to deal with the issues you have from your past. Antidepressants are not the longterm solution to these traumas so please try to discuss with your doctor and arrange something more longterm.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
25-02-06, 22:28
Hi Bell

You have found the right place to get support. Thinking about you and we will all offer the support you need.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

lildutt
26-02-06, 00:11
thanks sal

Sue K with 5
26-02-06, 00:27
Hi Bell

Welcome to NMP glad you have found this site I am sure you will get plenty of advise and guidance

Sue with 5

scknight

lildutt
27-02-06, 19:32
ty susan xx

jondc
27-02-06, 19:38
Hi bell, welcomne, iam new as well just joined today and were a similar age. it sounds like things havnt been easy for you and i hope the future is alot brighter.
I have herd that instead of cutting yourself, try and crunch a few ice cubes in your hand, apparently it gives a similar relief and without the obvious probs.
i dont know if this helps but worth a try eh?

take care jon

lin
27-02-06, 20:59
Hi Bell

Welcome :D:D:D

linda x

sal
27-02-06, 22:59
Hi Bell

We are all here to help you regardless of your problems.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

lildutt
01-03-06, 14:54
thank sal lin and jon for the welcome and jon i will try that instead
of cutting my self