PDA

View Full Version : Hi - new member

Sueblue
22-02-06, 23:37
Hi, I'm Sue and have come on here having read the article in the Daily Mail. Pleased to be able to communicate and share my worry's of panic, anxiety and phobias with like minded people. Struggling with the site, not familiar with using these message boards but I am sure I will get the hang of it.
Having a real tough time with panic attacks etc but just taking one day at a time. Ideally I would love my life back because some days I just think this one isn't worth living. Would love to do just the most basic things without having to chew it over in my head - all the negatives of "yes but" and "what if". Reading some of the posts tonight I see that it's normal after all to go on a car journey and make a mental note before setting off about where the nearest hospital is. Wow - I thought it was just me. Thanks for listening.

monkee
22-02-06, 23:43
Hi Sue its my 1st day here too *waves* & i know how you feel.

Paddington
22-02-06, 23:59
hi Sue,i joined yesterday and cant get enough of it!i know just how u feel,i think every one here knoes how each other are feeling,the nausea the waves of fear and despair ,well why reiterate it u KNOW!I think this is the start of a new freedom 4 all of us.love Mary-Rose.xx

Emma Hutchinson
23-02-06, 00:23
hello
another new member already!
today was my worst yet and i have finally decided to recognise my feelings

Emma Hutchinson
23-02-06, 00:27
wow
even trying to negotiate this chat thing is making my heart squeeze.
think its time to try and get some sleep

clickaway
23-02-06, 00:41
Hi Sue and welcome.

I joined this site about a year ago and was bowled over by it. I'm glad you and so many others have found us thanks to the article in the paper.

You will get some good advice to tackle your fears here, but just being here amongst like minded people will give you a lift.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
23-02-06, 01:06
Hi Sue

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you might like to start by reading the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) article.

Many of us do the 'what if' worrying and it can help to change this around to 'so what'. The scenario we fear most rarely happens and it is learning to accept this and challenge the worrying thoughts that really can help.

Have a look around the forum and you will soon get the hang of it.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

feege
23-02-06, 08:49
Hi Sue (and Emma)

Welcome to the site!! You will find loads of people here who understand and I hope you find it as helpful as I have!

Have a good look round!

Good luck!

fee
xx

Piglet
23-02-06, 09:09
A big welcome to the site :D

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trac67
23-02-06, 09:42
Hi Sue and Emma,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alexandra
23-02-06, 09:55
Hi Sue

Welcome to the forum.

I joined yesterday too. There is such alot of help & good advice here.

Take Care

Alexandra

nomorepanic
23-02-06, 20:10
Hi Sue

A warm welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

Alexandra
23-02-06, 20:30
Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alexandra

Meg
24-02-06, 14:07
Hi Sue and Emma

You can improve the situation you find yourself in.

Taking things day by day is the right way to go about it but make sure you are doing helpful things and learning as you go along.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?