PDA

View Full Version : Would love some help on this....

hugs
05-08-10, 23:52
I've suffered from horrendous anxiety now for almost 2 years since I was 4 weeks pregnant. I have head pressure and other tension problems on a daily basis although some days are more manageable than others.

I really really really want another baby so badly it's all I think about but now because I'm trying to conceive the anxiety has gotten even worse. I just keep obsessing so much in my head how much I want to get pregnant and I'm absolutely terrified that my anxiety will stop me from being able to conceive or even if I did conceive something will go terribly wrong. It is making me so miserable coz I really do want another baby I would be so happy but this anxiety is just ruining everything.

I never had anxiety when I conceived last time, please can someone out there offer me reassurance and tell they got pregnant during bad anxiety and was everything ok in the end? I keep thinking my ongoing anxiety has damaged my body and everything has been ruined. I got really angry and emotional today because a large family is all I want and care about and although I have an absolutely perfect beautiful son I would just love for him to have brothers and sisters it just seems so unfair to suffer with anxiety for the only thing I want in life.

I'm crying now, just feel so sad xxxx

Rob83
06-08-10, 00:15
OK, I have no experience in the pregnancy department myself, but I may be able to help reassure you.

The first bit I have to say is anxiety can't harm your body, not in any way. Its in the mind, it may bring on symptoms but these are responses from chemical/hormonal signals triggered by the mind. Your muscles and nervous system is just responding to these signals. I like to think of it this way; you can't think your leg into dropping off no matter how hard you try, same for anxiety, it cant hurt you.

A good friend of mine suffers from anxiety and depression, she is 6 weeks pregnant and doing just fine so it can and does happen, in fact she was also on the pill so when its meant to happen it will happen, nothing will stop it. You just hang in there and just let nature take its course.

hugs
09-08-10, 22:00
Thank you Rob :)

I keep trying to be positive but I can't when the symptoms just persist and persist I no longer know what comes first the symptom or the anxiety.

Had terrible head pressures today which made my face go numb I just don't know how it works but I literally feel like my brain is being crushed by my skull or my brain is trying to burst through my skull, so painful and annoying!!

Just really hope these symptoms do not interfere with falling pregnant and having a healthy baby!

Thank you again for your reply xxx