PDA

View Full Version : Hello :-)

Alan Mack
06-08-10, 00:31
Greetings I've just joined up and would like to say hello to everyone:D

Well then a bit about myself (gulp I'm not to good at this part) my name is Alan I'm 30 and currently living in south Wales, I've suffered from Agoraphobia/panic disorder for over ten years now

I started getting panic attacks when I was eighteen at first I didn't have a clue what was happening to me but after going back and forth for two years to my useless doctor he diagnosed me with panic disorder ever since then I've tried to lead a normal life (whatever that is :shrug: lol) I managed to fight through the panic attacks and get a good job and small flat but I had to give them up and move to Wales about six years ago to live with family as the panic got to much for me to cope , I've had counseling and therapy since I moved to Wales, I can go out but only at a short distance any more than that and my nervous system feels like it's plugged into the national grid, Oh! what fun... NOT lol

The reason I join up was I thought it was high time to meet new friends but also I would love to talk and help anyone going through the same as myself, so please get in touch I don't bite honest :D

I shall say bye for now

Alan.

diane07
06-08-10, 00:36
Hi Alan Mack

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Inspires
06-08-10, 01:33
Hi Alan :welcome:

I like bites! :shades::yesyes:

I hope you'll make many new friends here...you can count me as one if you wish? :blush:

Take care sweetie...

Sue x

Alan Mack
06-08-10, 02:26
Hello Inspires thank you for your lovely welcome and I would be glad to be your friend :bighug1:

Vanilla Sky
06-08-10, 22:20
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Inspires
06-08-10, 22:40
Hello Inspires thank you for your lovely welcome and I would be glad to be your friend :bighug1:

Alan, ooh thats great news! Feel free to PM me at anytime..and we can help and support one another...:hugs:

I look forward to hearing from you soon...:yahoo:

Sue x

bucketofsnakes
06-08-10, 22:51
Hello Alan
Welcome, you sound really positive which is good for all of us.
Reading your post made me smile. Thank you.
I live in Wales too, mental health care in my area is pretty poor, I'm in the North, how do you find the services down south?
Jan

atki
06-08-10, 23:37
Hello

My story i similar to yours, i am currentlyhaving to pay for Cognitive behaviour therapy as the waiting list is 2 years long! Can i ask what medication you are on?

Alan Mack
07-08-10, 22:03
Hello Alan
Welcome, you sound really positive which is good for all of us.
Reading your post made me smile. Thank you.
I live in Wales too, mental health care in my area is pretty poor, I'm in the North, how do you find the services down south?
Jan

Hiya Jan
I'm glad I made you smile I always like to bring a sense of humor to things and try to keep positive if I didn't I'd crack up as I have done on a few occasions I think there's a old saying "if you don't laugh you'll cry" something like that:shrug:

the NHS mental health group here in Barry is really good I can't fault them they give me good help and advice however I'm originally from Northamptonshire and my doctor there was as useful as a chocolate tea pot, the first time I started getting panic attacks I didn't know what they where so I went to see my doc and described the feelings I was having and the cheeky sod thought I was taking drugs which I wasn't (well maybe some alcohol:shades:) but after going back and forth to him he finally realized there was something wrong and I got diagnose with panic disorder, I see your not getting good help where you are it sounds like my old clinic but fear not we can all help one another here:yesyes:

bye for now speak soon
Alan.