PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

Maybe_Baby
06-08-10, 09:55
Hello Everyone,

Basically as the title states I'm back - Which is a good and a bad thing i suppose. Good in which i get reassurance from NMP, but bad because my anxiety is slowly creeping back into my life, along with my 'chocking' fear.

I use to suffer really bad with panic from been 13 years old, i never found out what set my panic attacks off, and up until i was 17 i could deal with them, then when i was 17 i went through something which emotionally hurt me a lot, then from then onwards started suffering with heart palpitations, which then kicked off full blown every day anxiety attacks :( then i got depressed because of what i'd been through which triggered of not eating, which then turned into a fear of not been able to eat many foods as i felt i was chocking on everything.
I've had endless trips to hospital, doctors appointments, ECG's, tried so many different meds (luckily im med free atm), seen councilors and also had CBT therapy - non of which i found to be a help. I really was my own worst enemy. My only cure was when i found out i was expecting, i knew i had to sort myself out, not only for me, but for my unborn child. From the moment i found out i was pregnant i did change my life around, it was very very difficult, but i managed to come off all medication, started eating better, and generally started feeling 'normal' again.
I have now not had a panic attack since June 2008, and only now my little boy is 5 month old my anxiety is coming back again :( i don't know if this is all down to sleepless nights, and been on the go all day, been anemic and feeling very exhausted.

Anyway, the purpose in this post was to say Hello, Im Dawn and im 20 years old. :)

nomorepanic
06-08-10, 09:58
Hi Maybe_Baby

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JT69
06-08-10, 12:12
Hello Dawn,

Welcome to NMP....lots of advice here for you and lovely friendly people offering advice and support for you.

Hope you find help here.

Jo.xx