PDA

View Full Version : jumping in at the deep end with no where left to turn

little_girl_lost
06-08-10, 16:08
I really should intoduce myself properly but I have one major thing I need advice on and it seems no one can help. This is my last resort.

I went to the doctors on weds and was diagnosed with Hyperventilation Syndrome. Given 5 days of Valium 3x5mg a day.

This has fixed my heart rate and breathing I had to go back today for a check up with a different doctor.

He gave me Citalopram Hydrobromide 20mg. Im not depressed. I told him I have panic attacks but that was AFTER he gave me these!

Im not depressed I just hyperventilate!

He was a man of few words. Please tell me if anyone has any experience of these?

Now for my introduction Im F 21 years old from norfolk :) Hi:yesyes:

nomorepanic
06-08-10, 16:09
Hi little_girl_lost

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
06-08-10, 22:15
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

nomorepanic
06-08-10, 22:49
For info on Citalopram have a read in this forum:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49

little_girl_lost
08-08-10, 09:42
Thank you everyone :)

byronhinson
08-08-10, 10:19
Citalopram can actually help with panic attacks and anxiety not just depression. I have a low dosage for Anxiety

johnno
08-08-10, 12:32
all id say was give it your own research before taking them because i think doctors give tablets away so easily these days as a quick fix . look at other alternatives to medication aswel :) but i think its the worry about hyperventilating that makes us panic . when all in all how many people do you know whose died or been seriously harmed by it ? i dont know of any