PDA

View Full Version : Im really anxious left arm tingling really scared

gordie1
06-08-10, 23:09
Hi i keep on getting pins and needles in my left arm and also a bit in my right arm and pain as well, and a bit of tingling in my face and shoulder, no chest pain. On and off all night. Its getting worse the more anxious im getting. But I know I shouldnt but I have been googling and it has upset me. I have had a couple of cups of coffee today. I was up at a and e on wednesday night with chest pain thinking I was having a blood cot but it was muscle strain because I had been coughing all day. Im on new pills called topimarate which says it can cause pins and needles but I cant seem to relax I just I am so convinced there is something wrong with my heart . Im demented Does anyone else get all these pins and needles with anxiety or caffeine>

nomorepanic
06-08-10, 23:19
Hi there

This is from the symptoms page on the left:

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

Also scroll down to the bottom of this page and read similar threads or simply enter keywords like "tingling arm" into the search facility at the top. I have read at least 5 posts about this the last few days

bucketofsnakes
06-08-10, 23:21
Hello Gordie
Please don't worry, if your pills are known to cause this then try to take re-assurance from that. It would do no harm to see your GP and get him/her to check your heart and blood pressure. Tell the GP that its making you really anxious.
I've had this with certain medications and it has always subsided after the first few weeks.
Love Jan