PDA

View Full Version : withdrawal from citalopram

atki
07-08-10, 12:22
Hello

Has anyone had bad withdrawl symptons comin off of citalpram? i have only dropped from 10mg to 5mg and the last 2 weeks have not been good. anxiety is worse and i cant stop crying all the time. its the weekend now so i dont have work to worry about and yet i still feel bad. grateful for any replies:weep:

Diver
07-08-10, 12:34
I can't speak about Citralapram but, reducing and coming off Sertraline isn't very 'nice'.

Why have you reduced your dose?

atki
07-08-10, 13:14
i would like to start a family soon and my doctor has said its dangerousto be on any medication. how about you?

Diver
07-08-10, 13:22
I've been off a while now as to be honest it didn't 'work' for me - my problem with anxiety was no better 'on' Sertraline than off it.

Good luck and take things steady.

ATB

atki
07-08-10, 13:24
hope you find something that does work for you

angels22165
07-08-10, 14:31
Hi, yes I was on 20mg of Citalopram went to 10mg then every other day took 10mg, then decided to take 5mg daily after 3 days of doing this my anxiety was so bad, I called the GP and he said Im having bad withdrawel and to go on 10mg daily again, this is so hard to come off Im still feeling very much on edge now. Go back to your Gp if your starting to feel bad as you may not be ready to stop yet. Take care

gladyscourt
07-08-10, 15:33
Hey when i came off of citalopram i had withdrawel, (im acctually back on it now) but i had like brain zaps and mood swings. Its not overly nice but get past the first few weeks and ull b fine! xxx

Good luck with starting your family thats great :)

atki
07-08-10, 15:42
thanks for the advice! its nice to hear other stories