PDA

View Full Version : Back on Cipralex Tuesday! bloody terrified!! HELP/ADVICE/SUPPORT/INFO PLEASE!!!!

Micko
07-08-10, 13:54
As many of you will know shrink's weaning me off mirtazapine which I've been on for nearly a year and the clonazepam which I've been on/off at the mo down from 45mg of mirt to 30mg and half a 0.5mg of clonaz next Tues start back on cipralex 5mg as well as 15mg of mirt (nightly) so I'll take cip daily seem to be getting worse daily shakin, dry mouth, anxious, worried etc etc can't go out, function then there's the thought of cip either takin' weeks to work, side-effects or not doin' a bloody think but I believe SSRI's are the most effective and popular for severe anxiety and depression feel like I wanna go back on beta blockers and valium but don't think shrink or GP would agree what the hell am I gonna do till Tuesday and then could take weeks to kick in the only good side is after next week when finished/weaned off mirt I will only be on one med the cipralex but I know I'll have to stick to it cos after next week goin' up to 10mg then maybe max of 20mg if I have to be on them forever so be it! as they are non addictive and non tolerant so anxious at mo smoking myself crazy god it's a bloody nightmare I know I go on but I regret what I did to my hands last Oct which resulted in 2 months in the nut house, just so scared the cipralex might make suicidal thoughts worse but surely consultant shrink would'nt have put me back on! it's well over a year now since I started/stopped/started cip and kept changing inbetween roll on Tuesday wish it was tomorrow the days are getting longer and harder to cope and bear feel like I'm a prisoner at girlfriend's but what else can I do just ride the storm guess it's better to re-start cip on a low dosage 5mg then move up hope they help with the irrational thoughts, worry, agaraphobia etc etc! any advice/help/info/encouragement anything at all! "thanks friends and especially Marla" x

MarlaJ
07-08-10, 17:08
Yeah Micko!!! You are almost there!!! I am on day 15 of the cip, day 6 of full dose of 10mg. I can say that I am feeling better than I was when I started. Going on the 5mg made most of the side effects disappear, starting at 10mg was dreadful. It takes a little longer to get the desired effect, but the only side effect was a bit of a yucky tummy. You have been feeling so rotten, you probably won't even notice any side effects at all. If I feel this much better today, I can't wait to see where I am in another week! Nothing will be as hard for you as this last week getting the meds out, and each day after Tuesday will be better. I'm cheering for you Micko!:yesyes:
Marla xx

Micko
07-08-10, 17:34
Thanks as ever Marla x

katie23
07-08-10, 17:45
Hi I have just went from 10mg to 20mg The first few weeks have been rough but I am having better moments then rough moments!Good luck x

Micko
07-08-10, 20:26
Thanks Katie x

Eleuthera
08-08-10, 22:37
I think you're right Micko - you're going to have to ride this one out for a while. You have to hang on and remember that even if you're at the bottom of life's rollercoaster right now, you could be chugging up the next rise soon; have faith!

Escitalopram has done it for me - a tiny dose has stabilised my moods, lifted me out of depression, ended my base anxiety and eased my stress anxiety (I even managed two job interviews and got the job I wanted against several competitors who all looked like Anthea Turner) - and as a bonus, I think my body dysmorphic disorder has almost gone away. Hell, I'm nearly normal and quite possibly happy.

Hang on in there and dig out all the short term survival strategies you'll have developed over the years against the BIG PANIC (I try to write a schedule for every minute of the day when it's bad, plan activities late into the night because I know I will be vomiting and shitting the instant I lie down in the dark and shut my eyes, make models or sew stuff, as a last resort I keep pacing and moving to use up the adrenaline - whatever works).

Good luck. You can always come on here and type into the ether - it's today's equivalent of weaving baskets: very therapeutic!

Micko
09-08-10, 13:10
Thanks El just so bloody scared because at the mo can't function, worry bout everything esp hand just so scared that going back on Cip after so long they might not work or kick in quickly or not even touch it? as from tom won't have anymore Clonazepam to take edge off! I'm feeling sick even before I've started taking it! prob better to start on 5mg then go up cos still weaning off Mirtazapine down to 15mg alongside Cipralex for a week then up to 10mg for a few weeks then prob up to max so scared of side-effects at mo even having a shave is a chore it's a bloody nightmare!