PDA

View Full Version : Pain in head when bending down.

ChrisMayo
07-08-10, 14:21
Hello all.

I have no posted here for months, mainly due to not having any health concerns. I'm on 60mg of Citalopram a day, and generally things have been good.

Just wondered if anyone had encountered the following symptoms before.

For the last few days I have had a weird twinge / pain in the back of my head when I bend down suddenly. It's usually followed by a weird feeling of pressure in my head. It comes and goes.

Also just below my skull the muscle is quite tender if I press into it, but only on one side.

I saw my Dr yesterday who said that she couldn't place what I was experiencing, but said to observe it for now, and that it didn't sound like anything serious.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this.

Obviously my logical brain thinks it is probably a mixture of tension, stress, not sleeping properly, drinking a lot lately, and tiredness, but the health anxiety part is thinking of brain tumours and aneurysms etc.

Any thoughts, experiences etc would be great.

Many thanks
Chris x

sjr1969
07-08-10, 15:17
i had that for a couple of days everytime i bent over i got a pain at the back of my head and that pressure type feeling. I tried not to worry and it went away on its own x

sarah x

Serafina
07-08-10, 15:17
Hey Chris :)
I have had some thing similar in my neck and i manage to convince myself the worse case scenario.. but as usual i would say your logical side is prob right!

My back hurts when i become stressed from anxiety as i tense my body so much which in turn gives me headaches and other aches n pains.
I would say, your logical side is pretty damn clued up! And.. if it doesnt get any better and your really concerned then go back to the docs. Personally, if you can and i know its damn hard.. try relaxing? Easier said i know..

randomworry
07-08-10, 15:19
i think headaches is a side effect of citalopram so it could just be the meds

Jemma
07-08-10, 20:04
Hi Chris,
I am also on Citalopram and have had the exact same symptoms!!!
I had a really bad migraine a week ago and since then whenever i bend down i get a stabbing pain in the back right of my head - gave me quite a scare!
Otherwise in good health with currently no symptoms of depression etc. I have been taking citalopram for 18 months and have not experienced this before.
Glad your doc told you it was not likely to be serious!
Hope you feel better.
Jemma

ChrisMayo
09-08-10, 15:40
Hi guys
Thanks for all your replies.

Reassuring to hear that you have had a similar thing Jemma. It's not nice, headaches always make you feel the worst I think.

Mine has got better over the last day or so, so i'm sure it's nothing, but just not nice when you keep noticing it.

Hope you are doing ok
Chris x

gypsywomen
09-08-10, 15:43
nice to see you chris and that you got your life back on track ,,it must be all your friends on fb lol