PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down

Gregor
07-08-10, 22:08
Hi,

I'm just here for a rant and a rave - sorry! i'm just feeling quite down right now because everything going against me. I'm sitting here with my rent due next week which i can't afford - partly due to me, partly due to my housing benefit. When i moved house a few months ago, i was a little late telling the council i had moved - which is kinda my fault, but i defend myself due to it not being top of my list of priorities at the time. Anyway, they claim they have overpaid me and will be deducting money from my payments. They also missed two weeks of payments. So, add it all up means i'm behind with my rent with no way of playing catch up.

I also can't afford my utility bills. I'm too afraid to call them because i have no idea how much i owe.

Then there are other people chasing me for money - which, admittedly i do owe - but i can't pay because i can't even pay my normal bills.

All these money issues are partly down to me because when i get my ESA i tend to spend to make me happy as i'm unhappy most of the time. Having said that, even if i paid every penny of what i get on both rent and bills, i wouldnt be able to pay everything.

Then, completely unrelated, i'm sat here on my own whilst my wife is struggling to get a visa to enter the country. We've been apart for about 14 months now. We're hoping that will be sorted very soon, but it's all been such a struggle.

Anyway, for those good enough to sit through this rant, thank you!

Gregor

Positivity1989
07-08-10, 22:18
Hey gregor.

That sounds like your in a tough situation right now. But your here, alive and kicking, living & breathing. Can i ask what you do for work and how you go about managing your bills.

I have recently moved out on my own and have a whole new finacial situation also, although i am currently affording it all, i still have anxeitys about big bills and coping with it.

Anything is possible mate, you just need to get on the right track.

dbeightytwo
08-08-10, 17:43
Hey Gregor
I can relate to your spending money to cheer yourself up as I often do this myself when I should be putting the money on bills, rent etc.
It is hard to keep to the basics or necessaries when you are down a lot of the time as we need something to cheer us up or take our mind off our problems.

I hope things get better for you soon, and I hope your wifes visa gets sorted
Take care. Dan.

dbeightytwo
08-08-10, 17:44
Hey Gregor
I can relate to your spending money to cheer yourself up as I often do this myself when I should be putting the money on bills, rent etc.
It is hard to keep to the basics or necessaries when you are down a lot of the time as we need something to cheer us up or take our mind off our problems.

I hope things get better for you soon, and I hope your wifes visa gets sorted
Take care. Dan.