PDA

View Full Version : Hello...here we go again

mar
08-08-10, 00:50
Hello, I am 37 years old. I have had panic attacks since, well it seems since forever. I get them under control and for awhile even forget about them and then BANG they come back. This time they are back with a vengence. I fully understand why, I have a lot on my plate at the moment.... I am English, I have lived in the US for the past 13 years, but in the next 6 weeks I am moving back to the UK. I am getting married in just under four months, my parents (part of the reason I am moving back) are getting on in age and I want to be there for them, but they are very bitter people and have not spoken to my sister in three years adn because she is coming to the wedding, they are not. My fiance is English and wonderful and we love each other very much, but I am divorced and I am scared. I know we are right for each other, but as you get older things just don't seem as easy do they? I am also in the process of bankruptcy, another long long story. There is other stuff as well, but just typing all this makes me feel terrible. The panic attacks have come back and I feel like am back at square one. Well thats my story, or at least part of it. Thanks for listening

nomorepanic
08-08-10, 00:51
Hi mar

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
08-08-10, 08:15
I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

maggiejan
08-08-10, 09:18
Hi Mar,

Wow - such a lot going on or having gone on in your life - no wonder anxiety levels high!

Have you got any strategies that you used successfully before to help you deal with the panic attacks? Try and use them now (I know, not always easy) and try to remember that you have coped before and got through rough times with the anxiety.

Good luck.

MJ:)

mar
11-08-10, 12:47
Thank you so much for the responses. I had hypnotherapy about 15 years ago and I try to remember the relaxation techniques I learned there. I try and do math problems in my head to distract myself or snap an elastic band on my wrist. The worst thing for me with panic attacks is that I am emetophobic (fear of vomitting), although I have never actually been sick with a panic attack (touch wood) it makes my panic attacks worse as I worry it might. It become a viscious circle.

Mar

Vanilla Sky
11-08-10, 18:23
:welcome:Hi and welcome to NMP
Paige x