PDA

View Full Version : Can I make myself have a constant headache ?

JonnyUK
08-08-10, 03:29
Last Sunday I hit my forehead :doh: fairly hard on a door frame (the corner edge which seemed harder than it would of face on). I was walking at a quickened pace (but still walking) and turned my head sideways after looking at something and suddenly WHACK, it is the hardest I have ever hit my head. I didn't pass out, I just dropped what I was holding. It hurt badly though in both my head and jaw and neck. I didn't see stars or anything.

I was left with a big red blotch, very mild bleeding, and a line indentation. Within 4 days this had all but gone except for a slight line mark. I didn't even get a bump.

But ever since I hit my head I have had a killer headache, my nose is also twitching and pulsating like mad, some eyelid twitching. I have to keep taking tablets to help and even then it doesn't get rid of it.

Everyone is telling me I shouldn't still have a headache this long after (6 to 7 days). Also I didn't fall from a great height and wasn't hit with a heavy object. I have not had any dizziness, or confusion. I just feel peed off with that damn headache.

Is there a chance I am making this headache happen ? I have a 12 year long battle with anxiety and such like, and I have got to the point in life where any health problem I have I put down to anxiety or "in my mind". I would feel stupid going to the doctor to say I hit a door frame and still have an ache from it. Oddly though I hit my head all the time and think nothing of it, this time though it seemed harder.

Could I of affected or damaged my sinuses ? How long is normal to have a headache after hitting your head ? Any idea why the bridge on my nose feels like someone is crushing it ?

Thanks everyone and it is good to be somewhere that understands how over the top we can always sometimes be without being able to help it.

anthrokid
08-08-10, 03:48
Heya Johnny,

It may just be that you've hit it hard enough that you've brusied your sinuses or caused some swelling which can take a couple of weeks to clear up. It may be a good idea to check in with a doctor just to see where the swelling is and how long they think it'll take to be alright again. I know in footy when the boys get a decent thump to the head or bang it on the ground it can take a couple of weeks to ease up. Especially if you hit the front of your head because all the muscles connect, that's probably why there's so much tension in the nose and sinus area :)

NoPoet
08-08-10, 20:15
Crikey, sounds like you gave yourself a concussion or something - what I'd do is go to your doctor and let him have a look just to be on the safe side. I'd always advise anyone who has suffered a head injury like yours to get it checked out. This doesn't mean I think it is serious, just that it sounds like you really hurt yourself and you need some TLC.