PDA

View Full Version : Stress Tension Headaches or something else?

hazy
08-08-10, 11:12
Hi, I have been taking Citalopram Hydra-bromide 20 mg tablets for nearly a year now to help with my panic attacks and health anxiety. They have worked like a dream and have found myself back to normal. When I initially started them I felt worse than I had ever felt but after a couple of weeks felt wonderful.

I keep getting headaches, but these headaches are like a stress headache. I get a stiff aching neck at the back just under my head and feel like I have a helmet on, the last few days have been really annoying and have been popping paracetamol and Ibuprofen to help. At the moment my forehead is feeling tense, but I don't know whether it is stess/worry or whether it is my medication. So my question is whether you can get long term affects from taking Citalopram, is this common and has anyone ever found that after taking this medication for a while they start to feel unwell? I have had my eyes tested which proved that I needed glasses but I never wear them as to be honest I don't feel I need them as prior to getting them I never had any difficulty seeing long or short distance and I think maybe the Optician has ripped me off a little?

My head at the moment, although I don't have a typical throbbing headache, just feels heavy and I feel I need to frown. Any answers will be appreciated.

Adam22
08-08-10, 11:20
Hi,

I'm not sure if meds are a problem because im only on diazapan..

but i can relate to you in the sense that I have a headache.. ive had a headache for 2 weeks!!
same sort of symptoms as you..
maybe they are you meds.. but if they are just purely stress then just try and chill out..

relaxing bath !! go out for a few walks to relieve some of it..

I'm pretty new to all of this but hope ive helped a little.

Adam