PDA

View Full Version : Stratagies to help with GAD?? Please help?

popsy
08-08-10, 14:15
I am suffering really badly with everyday anxiety (I have panic disorder and GAD), i have continual physical symptoms and they dont seem to have let up for 2 weeks now, i seem to have them for no reason. :weep:
I feel very out on a limb and out of control completely. :wacko:

I was hoping maybe people could suggest some stratagies i might try to reduce or stop these physical feelings, ones that they find work? I would really like to feel i was taking back some control, as at the moment i am very low and a bit desperate! :meh:

I am having weekly CBT but am feeling worse for it and im not finding im being given anything to work on, on a daily basis. It all makes sense in the hour i have but seems to have gone when i come out! :huh:

Anyway, sorry, went off topic there :doh:. Please any advice / stratagies would be gratefully received people. PLEASE??? :weep:

sjr1969
08-08-10, 14:57
hi sorry you are stuggling. I know what you mean about at the time things seem to reassure you etc but after you come away you dont feel so sure about things. what symptoms are you getting? Have you read any self help books. claire weekes is good if you can set your mind to it x

sarah x

popsy
08-08-10, 17:55
Hi, thanks for reply.
Im getting the following symptoms most of the day.
Tight throat
Tight band round my head and headaches
Shaking
Adrenaline running through my body, especially up and down my back
Nausea
Heavy weight in my stomach
Exhaustion
Feeling very down and fearful of ......myself really

Have read Claire Weekes a few years ago, maybe i should try again.

How do other people deal with the symptoms of anxiety on a daily basis?
Thanks xxxx

BritTutor
08-08-10, 18:06

angels22165
08-08-10, 18:11
Hi, I too have GAD with panic attacks, and most of your symptoms are the same as mine, the adrenaline surging through your body and the tingling, tight throat and chest hard to breathe the list goes on doesn't it :weep: do you feel out of breath at the least exertion and with me that makes me panic. What I do is distraction it does help to a certain extent do a puzzle play a game, talk to my pets if no one is home. I know it's so hard Im just trying the Claire Weekes feel the fear and do it anyway just try and let it pass but when you feel on edge with all these physical symptoms day in day out it is so hard just to go with them, you can't help but think oh no not again! but the positive thinking and changing thoughts around will take weeks to stick I think, so just keep at it every day no matter how hard it seems. Are you on any medication? Im on 10mg Citalopram now was on 20mg but made me too trance like and 40mg of propanolol, still very anxious on these but I think they just work without being to heavy. PM me if you want to chat. Take Care Julie :)