PDA

View Full Version : do i need to go to hospital

julieliverpool
08-08-10, 14:56
i am in hell at the moment every second of the day im scared shaking crying short of breath and the scarest thing is im thinking am i still here why wont this stop i need advice ive only been taking escitroplam for 6 days

atki
08-08-10, 17:18
it does take time to work. do you have any friends or family you can stay with while you are feeling like this? if not go to the doctors and explain how you are feeling

gypsywomen
08-08-10, 17:23
i agree you could do with some company ,i feel for you ,its horrible when it is so bad been there many times ,you will be ok love

JT69
08-08-10, 17:41
Hi,

Been there too!!! Not nice at all...you are probably feeling the side effects of the meds...they take time to start working and can make you feel worse before you feel better am afraid.

I know its not easy but you will get there...this awful phase will pass. Do you have any friends/family that you can talk to??

If you still feel so rotten tommorow make an appointment with your GP and dicuss it there is anything he will give to help until the meds settle down...hopefully he will give you some diazepam...temporarily that can help.

I do hope you feel better soon.

Take care.
Jo.xx

Franz
08-08-10, 19:06
I would see your doctor again and emphasise how bad you feel.

Some areas have acute community services for people going through a bad time - it's a kind of day hospital, and gives you close support, and human contact, without the need for hospitalisation. I went to one in Leeds recently and it was a massive help. You could ask your doctor if a similar service exists in Liverpool.

Dahlia
08-08-10, 20:03
It sounds like the escitopram - SSRIs can make you feel very anxious in the first few weeks of taking them, it's horrid. Definitely ask your GP about diazepam as Jo said - it is routinely given for these SSRI situations - but only for a short time so don't worry about getting addicted. I'm going through a horrid withdrawal, and have been doing crosswords to try to distract me, which helps a bit.

Dahlia

julieliverpool
08-08-10, 23:00
thanks guys just want this to end just want my life back i go the docs tommorow i have been givin diazipam but they dont seem to work this website helps alot u r all very nice and really helpfull xx