PDA

View Full Version : Im so scared again :(

tashbarnes87
08-08-10, 19:32
Since 30th May 2009 i have had a weird / scary as hell spasm / twitch that lasts for a split second. It runs across my boob to my under arm to half way down. It is terrifing as its so sudden and strong. It feels exactly like i have been flicked or hit with elastic. Its always in my right chest / arm & never in my left. It doesnt hurt at all & happens at least once a day.

I have a crippling fear of MS & i am terrified this is the start, as its been going on so long do you think if it was MS it would have showed up by now?

Why does this keep happening & why in the same spot. I dont tend to get it when im relaxing more when im out & about with my son bending over. Does this sound like muscle damage?

Im so very scared :( x

cattia
08-08-10, 20:43
It sounds like it could be a pulled muscle or trapped nerve, that would explain it happening in the same place and especially when you bend down. I am terrified of MS too, but it does seem that if people get MS then they know about it as the symptoms are ones that you really can't ignore and as far as I can make out they are there all the time for a period of time then they go away, rather than coming and going within the day as yours sounds as though it does. I hope this helps, I know how scary these things are as I have been in MS meltdown for a while now!

SG
08-08-10, 22:48
This sounds like a nerve thing (not that I know anything about such things) but it happens to me from time to time too, not in the area you said but like in the back of my neck/head. It used to really terrify me at first but I do think your thing sounds similar, when you mentioned egtting hit with elastic that's what it feels like. I've been getting it on and off for years and nothing bad has happened. :)

There's nothing worse than that scary feeling that comes over you though, I can totally sympathise. I really find that coming here and just reading other people's posts can make me feel a lot better.

blueangel
09-08-10, 09:35
I agree that this is probably about trapped nerves or something similar. My dad had MS, and from what I can remember, he seemed to have creeping symptoms that got gradually worse, rather than brief ones that came and went again.

Has it happened since you had your son? It could even be that you trapped a nerve when you were giving birth and it's never gone back to its right place. Mention it to your GP the next time you go.

tashbarnes87
09-08-10, 13:21
thanks all, it started in May & i had my son in Feb. It briefly went away for a few months & then it started again :(

is it a good thing that its always in the same place? pointing to some nerve or muscle damage? :( xx

LisaLisa
11-08-10, 10:51
Hi Tash

I have been getting this too, in an area of my back. I think its a muscle and nerve thing. I also get a feeling like an elastic band pinging in my arms on an off too. Apparently this can happen with dehydration, are you dringkning enough water? I think with two little ones your prob rushing baout alot luv, try and take it easier.

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs:

tashbarnes87
12-08-10, 16:24
lisa!!!!!!!! thats exactly what it feels like :) I just had one now when i cocked my head to the side( as i answered a call) & picked something up off the floor. i automatically felt sick & came on here. I do try to drink a lot of water as im due to pop any day now & i find i feel ill if i dont but i could always drink more. is yours sudden & lasts seconds?xx

gypsywomen
12-08-10, 16:41
does sound like trapped nerve ,saying that anxiety can make us have pain because we tend to tense ,,hope its bit better :)

LisaLisa
13-08-10, 12:31
Yes my just comes on and then goes quite quickly.I read that hormones and dehydration cause it. Are you just about to have baby Tash?

Lisa
xxxx:hugs:

tashbarnes87
21-09-10, 13:17
ahhhhh this just happened to me again :'( i had my little girl 20 days ago & i really dont want this worry to ruin things :(