PDA

View Full Version : dont want to do anything..

sharon35
09-08-10, 10:33
I feel rotten, cannot get myself out of the black hole im in, i dread going to bed and dread waking up with loads of rubbish going round in my head, i cry every morning and im getting depressed about it now.
I really dont understand where this depression has come from.
ive got self help books and come on here i really dont know what else to do, i feel like just laying in bed and not doing anything anymore.
i feel so alone and keep getting head aches now because of the stress ive put myself in.

sorry for rabbiting on. :weep:

Positivity1989
09-08-10, 10:38
Hey, Im really sorry to hear your having a tough time. Infact you sort of sound like how i used to be.

Can i ask what sort of things go around in your head? I remember feeling like a filing cabinet blown up and all my thoughts and feelings were flying around inside my head with no order, made me feel very depressed and confused and like there was no hope.I found that identifying the major problematic thoughts was a good first step in starting to push them away and manage things better.

BritTutor
09-08-10, 10:41

calm
09-08-10, 10:42
oh sharon.....oh my love....is blasted awful isnt it....we are all here for you...i feel the same way...we just need to be strong but it is so damn hard isnt it.
have you been to see your gp?...if not then maybe make an appointment that way you can get the help you need xxxx please let us know how you get on today.
thinking of you..i feel so shaky today....and panic stricken but hopefully this will pass very soon...much love sharon xxxxxx

sharon35
09-08-10, 10:45
Thank you for answering,
Im worried about lossing my job because ive been signed off sick, i feel so stupid about having to take time off, im starting to worry about money now and that my partner will leave me because i'll start to bring him down. and the rest is just crap going round and round i feel like im never going to get better. My worst one is lossing my job i just cannot relax. i have panic over interviews so i need to keep this job.
im just putting so much pressure on myself at the moment.
Keep thinking i'll be ok tomorrow but then im not.

BritTutor
09-08-10, 10:58

sharon35
09-08-10, 11:03
I work in a small office doing telesales they are all really nice.
I started taking meds 2 weeks ago so im just waiting for them to start working then hopefully it will chill me enough to go back to work.

BritTutor
09-08-10, 11:15

Dahlia
09-08-10, 11:30
Hi Sharon

As you know, I have been through a horrible time recently with withdrawal. One thing some friends said to me was: don't beat yourself up about it. You're not feeling well at the moment, probably a good part of this is the initial side effects of the medication which plays havoc with the neurotransmitters. Try to accept that this is how you feel now, but that it will pass, and until then you will do what you have to do to get through it.

I too have been in the position lots of times where I don't want to do anything. And it is incredibly hard to motivate yourself. Is there anything pleasant and not too taxing that you like doing usually? For example, being in my garden makes me feel good, I started off telling myself I would make myself prune one plant (and that was going to be an effort!), and ended up staying out there for 2 hours! It was nice just being in the air.

I hope you feel better soon.

Dahlia

sharon35
09-08-10, 11:32
Thank you BritTutor,
Ive just spoke to my boss she is very understanding and said to take the time i need which is a big help so i dont need to worry about my job i just need to relax and im sure i will get better quicker. I think i will try and go back next week for a hour a day if i can deffo need to ease back in slowly.
Thank you again for your reply, have a good day. :)

BritTutor
09-08-10, 11:48