PDA

View Full Version : Motival withdrawl

jennijiniper
23-02-06, 17:27
Hi all - I have been on a drug called Motival for 27 years! It was prescribed for me for post natal depression then and it is a compound drug consisting of a trycyclic anti-depressant and a tranquilliser. To cut a very long story short I am now trying to withdraw from this drug. I have tried previously twice and both times ended up in hospital. My big worry is that this drug will be discontinued at some point and at the moment is unobtainable in the United Kingdom. I only have 4 months supply left so have to try and withdraw from it in that time span. This worries me as I have been cutting down for a month and have only reduced the dose by one fifth. The withdrawl effects are pretty unpleasant but the worst is the overpowering panic and anxiety I get at times. I also get flu like symptoms, headaches, nausea, dizziness, nightmares and feel very washed out and tired and a very surreal feeling - like I'm not really here. Does anyone else have any experience of this drug and coming off it? I would be a lot happier if I knew that I could take my time over it instead of only having a limited time span - that really scares me. I am so lucky in that I have an amazingly supportive partner but this is not easy and I would be so grateful for any help and advice any of you might give.
I think this site is so good as I feel very alone going through this in spite of being lucky enough to have such a supportive and caring partner.
Take care all
Love,
Jenny

J P Thomas

Joy Davy
12-12-06, 14:51
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi all - I have been on a drug called Motival for 27 years! It was prescribed for me for post natal depression then and it is a compound drug consisting of a trycyclic anti-depressant and a tranquilliser. To cut a very long story short I am now trying to withdraw from this drug. I have tried previously twice and both times ended up in hospital. My big worry is that this drug will be discontinued at some point and at the moment is unobtainable in the United Kingdom. I only have 4 months supply left so have to try and withdraw from it in that time span. This worries me as I have been cutting down for a month and have only reduced the dose by one fifth. The withdrawl effects are pretty unpleasant but the worst is the overpowering panic and anxiety I get at times. I also get flu like symptoms, headaches, nausea, dizziness, nightmares and feel very washed out and tired and a very surreal feeling - like I'm not really here. Does anyone else have any experience of this drug and coming off it? I would be a lot happier if I knew that I could take my time over it instead of only having a limited time span - that really scares me. I am so lucky in that I have an amazingly supportive partner but this is not easy and I would be so grateful for any help and advice any of you might give.
I think this site is so good as I feel very alone going through this in spite of being lucky enough to have such a supportive and caring partner.
Take care all
Love,
Jenny

J P Thomas

<div align="right">Originally posted by jennijiniper - 23 February 2006 : 17:27:24</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Joy Davy

Joy Davy
12-12-06, 14:56
[quote]Apologies for repeating your quote, just getting to grips with how to use the site. I have also been on Motival for 32 years reading about your experiences is comforting to me. I have also experienced your problems and would love to talk to someone who could empathise with me.

Joy Davy

jennijiniper
12-12-06, 16:17
Hi Joy,
Was so pleased to hear from you - you are not along believe me. I would love to talk to you so please feel free to email me on :jenniferthomas@hotmail.co.uk We really are not alone - I have been in contact with 64 other Motival patient.s
Hope so much to hear from you soon
Love
Jenny

Jen