PDA

View Full Version : Think im agoraphobic

chauloom
23-02-06, 19:14
Ive been anxious for 4 years and it seems to be getting worst, ive recenly been put on prozac and feel like im going mad and will be locked up in a mental hospital, i sit in frount of the TV to distract my mind and stop thinking, i find it much harder to go outside and thinking about going outside or doing so makes me more panicky, and i used to manage that by just avoiding going out now panicking is creepying into my home life. i just cant see a way out at the moment.
Please any advice?
i also am really scared that everything is fake that this is unreal that im really in the matrix or the trueman show, that i will wake up one day and realise this and reject the world. One of my big fears is this unreal feeling depersoniation.

jackie
23-02-06, 19:21
advice. yes read all of the posts here and you will see you are not alone and i no that will help alone

also pick up a book called"self help for your nerves "by claire weekes and read it through to unnderstand how to tackle your fears in the right way

welcome and take care
jackie

tracyp584
23-02-06, 19:30
Hey Chauloom,

A Big warm welcome to the site, take some time to read through the first steps on the home page.

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

nomorepanic
23-02-06, 20:22
Hey Chauloom,

Welcome aboard the forum

Take a look at this post and you will be able to read loads about some of your issues....

Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Nicola

Karen
23-02-06, 20:32
Hi Chauloom

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

Alexandra
23-02-06, 21:34
Hi chauloom

Welcome to the forum.

Take Care

Alexandra

Meg
24-02-06, 16:44
HI ,

We've all mostly been there and anxiety can feel like we are going mad but doesn't result in any of us going mad. It doesn't work like that.

Look on Nics common threads post in announcements and read through the ones that appeal to you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

trac67
24-02-06, 17:01
Hi Chauloom,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'