PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...hopefully here to help!!?

Alixbabe
23-02-06, 19:31
Hi,

My name is Alix and I have suffered from a Panic Disorder for the last 10 years. My story is very similar to Nicola's.

I have fought my way through really difficult times and I have been able to come through the other end....and I am a much better and stronger person for it and believe it or not would never take back the experience for anything.

I really just hope that I can be of support to anyone who wishes it. I know myself that just the chance to speak to someone who understands (even if our stories aren't the same) the struggle.

I went from having no life at all to actually being happy!!! I never thought I would ever get here and I hope that people can take comfort from the fact that it is possible. Although I believe that I will never live completely without this illness I can function normally and can enjoy my life!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read all this, and hopefully I can get to know you all here.

Alix
xxxxx

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever...-- Isak Dinesen

nomorepanic
23-02-06, 19:33
Hi Alix

I am so pleased you decided to join here and thanks so much. I am sure people will really appreciate all the help you can offer.

Welcome aboard.

Nicola

jackie
23-02-06, 19:52
alix

would love your help. if you would like my story i would love to here your takes on it and how you got better

well done
jackie

trac67
23-02-06, 19:58
Hi Alix,

Welcome to the forum, you will make a lot of new friends here.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
23-02-06, 20:13
Hi Alix

Welcome to the forum. It is great to hear from people who have lived through this and come out the other side.

I'm sure reading about your recovery will be a source of inspiration and hope to many members.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

Alexandra
23-02-06, 20:29
Hi Alix

Welcome to the forum.

Alexandra

clickaway
23-02-06, 21:40
Hi Alix,

So good to hear that you have come through this, especially as you are still young.

Maybe at some point you could make a posting in the 'Success Stories' section, as people get great comfort from that.

Keep on taking care, and thanks for your offer to help,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Meg
24-02-06, 13:12
HI Alix,

As Ray says , do either post on sucesses or write out your story and Nic will add it to the personal stories section which are widely read by most visitors to the site.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?