PDA

View Full Version : mood swings?

MadJam
09-08-10, 22:09
Does anyone experience mood swings on mirtazapine? My doctor says it's good for keeping moods level, but I have found the opposite! I went for my conctreceptive pill check the other day and she says that the two medications may be clashing. Has anyone heard of this?

JT69
10-08-10, 07:16
Hi

I definately experience mood swings on mirtazipine and when initially taking it was really angry and snappy that has settled down alot. Not sure about the interaction with any contraceptive pill though...? Perhaps if this is the case your GP should think of changing one or the other?

TC
JO.xx

discostu58
20-08-10, 16:20
I've still had mood swings on mirt right thru the whole range of dosages 15 30 & now 45mg

jaded jean
20-08-10, 17:08
Nice picture discostu58.
I have been on Mirt 15-30mgs for about 4 months then suddenly it just stopped working for me, literally. the anxiety smashed its way through. How long have you been onit?? It might not even be right for you but. on that note it doesnt mean to say anything else is right . you may have to try another a/d. I did --three others .and now I am on citalopram = does not work for all- is a saviour to some and mediochre for others. you have to get the balance right.It will happen and you will have the inner strength to deal with it too.
Be strong.Jean:hugs: