PDA

View Full Version : i cant be the only one this insane!!!!!!!!

randomworry
10-08-10, 00:41
ive had to remove the mirror in my room because ive realised that when i look in it the angle it is when the light shines on it it really look like i have a lump on my neck and its triggered soooooooooo much anxiety its ridiculous it leads to a lot of neck prodding etc and thinkng i have neck cancer!!

anyone else got any strange stories like this? its strange but my god have i been on edge sooo much because of this!

NatalieSmith
10-08-10, 04:12
Hello there, randomworry :)
I think that anxiety and panic makes us fear the craziest things. I remember that I was so afraid of the thought of gravity ending or the world falling into nothing that I had panic attacks just to think about it! But when you realize that you're just really fragile and that these thoughts shouldn't even be considered serious, even though we're so scared of it at the time, you get more relaxed and forget about them :)

You shouldn't worry about it, hon! Everything will be alright, and if you don't feel confident enough about it, go see a doctor, I'm sure everything will be alright! :D

Hope you feel better :hugs:

BritTutor
10-08-10, 07:23

blueangel
10-08-10, 09:53
That's very true. Anxiety makes us hyperaware of ourselves; we almost forget that the rest of the world exists apart from ourselves, and all we can think about is the next twinge of pain, the next skipped heartbeat or the next visual disturbance.

Catalyst
10-08-10, 12:20
Every time I look in the bathroom mirror, I think my hair is thinning. I think the culprit is actually the halogen spotlights making my scalp reflect more than it would in any other room! :blush: