PDA

View Full Version : Very scared to take diazapam

VladJack
10-08-10, 06:43
Hi. As my anxiety is pretty strong right now, I'm so terrorfied to take the diazapam I was prescribed today incase of any adverse effects? Is it likely to go wrong or make me any worse?

I've only been prescribed a weeks worth, in the mean time, I've been told my Citalopram will have leveled me out.

I realize there are several threads with similar inquiries, but would feel a bit more reassured with a more personal response.

Thanks in advance

Jack

Baggs
10-08-10, 06:54
Diazepam is a quick acting (about 15 mins) sedative. It will take the edge off things. It will not go wrong, will not make you feel worse. All the best. Baggs.

bexy1970
10-08-10, 10:56
i agree, youll be fine, its a life saviour if im paniky etc , i take them if im bad got them for emergencies! best thing for calming down xx

gypsywomen
10-08-10, 11:31
yes its good :) dont worry

heavenly
19-08-10, 16:17
Saved my life over the weekend, I had a 48 hour panic attack, had to go to hospital as it was the weekend, and got given a couple of days worth. I am now on Olanzapine, as Diazapam is addictive, but GP has given me some Diazapam for emergencies.

Jac 2009
19-08-10, 18:20
I agree - it's a life saver. I started by taking half a tablet and now - only three days later - I'm completely happy to take them. They have no side affects that I've discovered. Take a pill - make yourself feel better. xx

smb25
20-08-10, 13:29
I was taking up to 3 2mg's a day for approximately 2 months. I had no adverse effects and was able to just stop. I didn't taper off. That was well over 3 weeks ago and am fine.

Best wishes to you.
S x :D

GlasgowGuy
22-08-10, 16:52
Hope you are going ok. I had to be prescribed it recently going back onto Citalopram. It does work. I was given quite a high dosage. The old 'becoming addicted to it' has been brought up by me and my GP. Sometimes just having it in the top drawer/back pocket/purse or wallet gives you a crutch. I know some people are against having it as a crutch but if that crutch gets me through my day then so be it.

heavenly
23-08-10, 10:32
Hope you are going ok. I had to be prescribed it recently going back onto Citalopram. It does work. I was given quite a high dosage. The old 'becoming addicted to it' has been brought up by me and my GP. Sometimes just having it in the top drawer/back pocket/purse or wallet gives you a crutch. I know some people are against having it as a crutch but if that crutch gets me through my day then so be it.

Yes, that is how I see it. My GP could see I would panic if I didn't have something that I knew worked, so she gave me a 14 day supply of Diazapam, I haven't touched it yet. I am taking 1 x 2.5mg Olanzapine - its doing the trick at the mo and its not addictive. But I feel better that I have few Diazapam at home.

VladJack
05-10-10, 02:47
Okay, it's been a few weeks since I've posted, so firstly I'd like to thank all of you for the responses and positive wishes.

I'll say at this point that I've only just (this morning, several hours ago) taken the said tablet, and it should come as little surprise that everything was fine.

It was far from 'bliss' but yes, it took the edge off.

I had a horrific weekend, that landed me in A&E, I had that dead feeling inside filled with regret, embarrassment and self-loathing, and literally felt out of options, and my choices were drink or take the massively hyped Valium.

I don't think what I took was enough, and it is a short term solution until I see my therapist on Thursday, but in the mean time I feel like a want to dissapear. This stuff is making things easier.

Once again, thanks for the ongoing support from the forum.

Jack x

heavenly
07-10-10, 09:18
Okay, it's been a few weeks since I've posted, so firstly I'd like to thank all of you for the responses and positive wishes.

I'll say at this point that I've only just (this morning, several hours ago) taken the said tablet, and it should come as little surprise that everything was fine.

It was far from 'bliss' but yes, it took the edge off.

I had a horrific weekend, that landed me in A&E, I had that dead feeling inside filled with regret, embarrassment and self-loathing, and literally felt out of options, and my choices were drink or take the massively hyped Valium.

I don't think what I took was enough, and it is a short term solution until I see my therapist on Thursday, but in the mean time I feel like a want to dissapear. This stuff is making things easier.

Once again, thanks for the ongoing support from the forum.

Jack x

Glad you are seeing a therapist. I see the meds I am taking as helping me in the short-term, but obviously will take them for as long as I need to, but seeing my counseller is helping me unravel what caused these attacks in the first place and that will be ongoing. Keep us posted. xx