PDA

View Full Version : Heart Worries... AGAIN!!!!

Natalie x
10-08-10, 11:15
I thought I had got over this from the last time, but here I am again worrying about my heart.. I sometimes get these sensations as though something pops inside my chest if that makes sense. Like a bubble or something. It's strange. Anyway, I was worrying about this on Sunday and then it seemed to dissapear and now today I'm back worrying again. Earlier on, I got a strange feeling in my chest so then I decided to take my pulse and then it felt like it did like a double beat, if that makes sense? I'm worrying now about that :blush: I've had 2 ECG's not that long ago and they both came back fine, but I'm just getting worried again. Earlier, my chest felt jumpy but I'm not sure if that was because I was worring :huh:
Has anyone ever had this before? Any re-assurance would be great. Thaks x

dodo
10-08-10, 11:18
Yes. I suffer with this a lot.

Sometimes I actually wonder if it is a wind bubble in the chest which causes it but I'm not sure if that can happen. If your stomach can prodcuce gas which *tickles* the heart into an ectopic.

Natalie x
10-08-10, 11:36
Thanks for your reply. Do you ever feel lightheaded or 'weird' with it? x

dodo
10-08-10, 11:38
Yes. And I read that if you felt lightheaded with a palpitation that it meant that something wasn't right as this shouldn't happen. So of course this made me worse. But the cardiologist I saw sai this was normal and I didn't need to worry...

Ella_Jayne
10-08-10, 16:49
I get this from time to time. It's just ectopic beats. I f I'm quite anxious I'l get a few. They can vary in feelings, like sometimes thuds, or tickle, or that bubble feeling. Your heart is fine. Try not to worry, it's a normal body reaction. Stress and anxiety can cause them aswell as caffine and other things.

anxiousmumof4
10-08-10, 16:53
yes i get this now and again, its actually one thing that doesnt worry me as I had an ECG and was pronounced a completely fit human! My dad was born with a hole in his heart so I was quite worried. That was years ago now.

I am very sensitive to caffiene though, so I cut that out and it doesnt happen very much at all now. x

Blueeyed87
10-08-10, 17:12
At this very moment and for the past couple of months all I ever think about is my heart ATM I'm getting ready to sleep and my heartrate is 80-84bpm and I'm worried it's not nearer to 60, I've had so many tests , ecgs and holter monitor, but it was like 4-5 months ago so I'm thinking those tests are no longer accurate...mostly I'm not very good at rationlizing I compulsievely check my bp and heartrate, I get chest pains palps and constant weird sensation close to dizzyness/ lightheadedness which in my mind means heart attack, therapist keeps reminding me anxiety and heart attack symptoms align... I get very frustrated with myself, reading your post I'd say don't worry the tests come back clear drs rarely miss things. Hope you can calm down and good luck I feel your pain

Natalie x
11-08-10, 08:54
Thanks for all your replies. I spent some time with my boyfriend last night which took my mind off it, and today I'm gonna try not to worry or check my pulse. I've gotten over it once before so I can do it again. It's so hard on ce you have something in your head or your worrying about something. Sometimes I find myself holding my breath and then a few seconds later I get a weird feeling in my chest which obviously I think is my heart. My Mum always tells me that everyone gets weird bodily sensations, but just not everyone reads into them as much as HA sufferers do. I had the ECG's about 2/3 months ago. Do you still think I have nothing to worry about? x